Search: Posts made by: RAM
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 27th 10, 03:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By RAM
hotfix 968858 install fails

On Apr 26, 11:40*am, "Roady [MVP]"
wrote:
Yes, apply Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 and the updates that came out
after that.

Thanks for the...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 26th 10, 04:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By RAM
hotfix 968858 install fails

I'm trying to install the hotfix described in KB968858 - part of what
this hotfix does is allow Outlook 2007 to check Subject Alternative
Names in a certificate (which is what we are doing for our...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 23rd 10, 10:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By RAM
Sending a new email

On Apr 23, 4:36*pm, John R John
wrote:
How do I include preset wording in an email?

Which version of Outlook?

in 2007, you can use Quick Parts - you have to...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 8th 10, 08:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 0
Posted By RAM
meeting request to outside addresses not always received as meetingrequest

I have a user who's reported that meeting requests he sends to users
outside of our system are not always received as meeting requests. I
understand that the issue would be on the receiver's side,...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 31st 10, 08:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By RAM
cached mode - mailbox on server does not reflect local changes

Perhaps I didn't explain the situation clearly.

I understand that changes to a PST file are irrelevant to the mailbox
contents; they're entirely separate data stores. When I said "local
copy," I...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 30th 10, 08:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By RAM
cached mode - mailbox on server does not reflect local changes

I have a user, Outlook 2007 in cached mode, whose mailbox does not
seem to be syncing with all of his local folders. He has a large
mailbox, so has been moving items out of folders to PST files,...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 11th 10, 05:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By RAM
question re-enabling cached exchange mode

On Mar 10, 1:03*pm, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:
"RAM" wrote in message

Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 10th 10, 04:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By RAM
question re-enabling cached exchange mode

I've scanned this group for posts regarding cached exchange mode and
OST files, but haven't found the information I need.

I need to know the impact of re-enabling cached exchange mode and...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 25th 09, 03:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By RAM
can't change stationery theme in a new message

On Aug 22, 5:57*am, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" what@ever wrote:
Does the user for whom this does work use the same steps/message
format/theme?

--
Milly Staples [MVP -...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 21st 09, 03:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By RAM
can't change stationery theme in a new message

Outlook 2007 (entire Office 2007 suite installed at the same time)

One of my users pointed out that she cannot change the stationery
theme in a new message she composes (not a reply or forward of...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 23rd 09, 08:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By RAM
PST backup utility question

Is there a limit to the number of PST files that the PST Backup
utility will work with?

I have a user who has (egad) 120 PST files OPEN in Outlook at once. We
have just set things up so that these...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 2nd 09, 05:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By RAM
OL2007 Task formatting

On Feb 26, 10:38*am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
wrote:
You can call it a bug if you want - but its just how the task message field
renders the HTML - it doesn't use styles when...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 26th 09, 04:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By RAM
OL2007 Task formatting

Oultook 2007

If I drag an email to Tasks, the resulting Task does not have the same
formatting - there's an extra blank line between lines of text, and
tabs and colors are lost.

I've tried changing...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 17th 09, 05:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By RAM
public folder owner only has "reviewer" permissions?

Thanks, Nikki - I will check it out today.

Oddly, of the 12 folders I noticed this with, today 10 of them are
back to normal and show me as Owner thru OL. Only 2 are still giving
me "you do not have...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 16th 09, 04:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By RAM
public folder owner only has "reviewer" permissions?

On Feb 14, 8:53*am, "Nikki Peterson"
wrote:
You would probably do better to ask this in the Exchange publics.

However, just a few things to check for:

- Public...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 13th 09, 10:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By RAM
public folder owner only has "reviewer" permissions?

As the email admin for my company, I set myself up as OWNER on
multiple public folders on our Exchange 2003+SP2 system. Today I
noticed that on several of these public folders, my Outlook...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 2nd 08, 01:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By RAM
Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server

Do you get duplicates of messages you've already downloaded? If so,
your machine isn't telling Comcast's server that it's downloaded
everything. This can be caused by a large message in your Inbox...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 14th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.exchange.admin
Replies: 6
Posted By RAM
problems with messages FROM GroupWise users AKA Base64 encoded messages?

Thanks, John. I'm emailing the tech support folks of the senders in
question, I will include this information and ask them to check their
settings.

I'll post back with the results!

- RAM
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 13th 07, 02:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 6
Posted By RAM
problems with messages FROM GroupWise users

For the past week or so, I have had a couple of users report that some
messages they receive are "garbled." Essentially, it appears that the
messages are not being decoded properly, and show up as...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 23rd 07, 08:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By RAM
can't send attachments to specific recipient

User has Outlook 2003+SP2. For some reason, when he sends emails to
his home account (RoadRunner) from his work account, the message
arrives but no attachments are included.

He can send attachments...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 12th 07, 10:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By RAM
Time received on Outlook 2003 different than system time.

Check the time zone setting on the Exchange server.

- RAM
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 12th 07, 09:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By RAM
Keyboard shortcut

On Mar 9, 10:02 pm, "Tom" wrote:
Hi,

Anyone know of the keyboard shortcut to get the drop down list on a mail
message? IOWs, not the message body itself, but the list of...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 12th 07, 08:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By RAM
Contacts - Problems!!!

On Mar 12, 3:30 pm, "Jason Lepack" wrote:
This is a group about Microsoft Access, the database software, your
question is about microsoft Outlook.

Cross Posting to...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 12th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By RAM
Time received on Outlook 2003 different than system time.

Check the time zone setting on the Exchange server.

- RAM
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 12th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By RAM
Web Outlook (2003) appts are still whacked

Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of
Exchange.

- RAM