Search: Posts made by: WhatsUp31415
Forum: Outlook Express August 26th 09, 08:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 37
Posted By WhatsUp31415
How to send NNTP "cancel" message?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
The Cancel Message option in OE works

Aha, RTFM! I shoulda tried Help first. Thanks.

Msnews, (this server), does not honor cancel message...

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
The Cancel Message option in OE works

Aha, RTFM! I shoulda tried Help first. Thanks.

Msnews, (this server), does not honor cancel message...
Forum: Outlook Express August 26th 09, 04:52 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By WhatsUp31415
How to send NNTP "cancel" message?

Can I send an NNTP "cancel" control message using OE?

If not OE, is there some other tool on a standard Win XP (SP3) system that I
can use?

A Google search turned up tech ref pages for the IIS...
Forum: Outlook Express August 26th 09, 04:52 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 37
Posted By WhatsUp31415
How to send NNTP "cancel" message?

Can I send an NNTP "cancel" control message using OE?

If not OE, is there some other tool on a standard Win XP (SP3) system that I
can use?

A Google search turned up tech ref pages for the IIS...
Forum: Outlook Express August 25th 09, 07:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Can I disable this: OE scrolls down NG list auto'ly

[Repost. Hmm, this response never seemed to appear on the server, even an
hour later. Anyway, I have an update.]

I wrote:
I will post an update if I can find a repeated scenario
that...
Forum: Outlook Express August 25th 09, 05:16 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Can I disable this: OE scrolls down NG list auto'ly

PS....

I wrote:
If I use ctrl+A and ctrl+Q to mark all threads as "read", then press F5 to
download any new postings, if the only new activity
(let's say) is a thread that would normally not...
Forum: Outlook Express August 25th 09, 05:03 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Can I disable this: OE scrolls down NG list auto'ly

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
The top of the display in your case will always show the most recently
started thread.

No, it will not. If I use ctrl+A and ctrl+Q to mark all...
Forum: Outlook Express August 25th 09, 03:44 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Can I disable this: OE scrolls down NG list auto'ly

How can I disable the following OE feature?

For my News account, typically I set the option "Group By Conversation", and
I order the list by Sent in descending order. My intent is: when I click
on...
Forum: Outlook Express August 25th 09, 03:44 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Can I disable this: OE scrolls down NG list auto'ly

How can I disable the following OE feature?

For my News account, typically I set the option "Group By Conversation", and
I order the list by Sent in descending order. My intent is: when I click
on...
Forum: Outlook Express August 7th 09, 08:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By WhatsUp31415
How to print outgoing email before sending?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
While in Drafts: View | Layout | Customize Toolbar and
Add the Preview button to toggle the Preview Pane on and off.

Great! Thanks. It will be a...

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
While in Drafts: View | Layout | Customize Toolbar and
Add the Preview button to toggle the Preview Pane on and off.

Great! Thanks. It will be a...
Forum: Outlook Express August 7th 09, 07:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By WhatsUp31415
How to print outgoing email before sending?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
The Print button is active when viewing a message
in the Preview Pane, (not open in its own window).

Thanks.

Well, perhaps we created our own hell. ...

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
The Print button is active when viewing a message
in the Preview Pane, (not open in its own window).

Thanks.

Well, perhaps we created our own hell. ...
Forum: Outlook Express August 7th 09, 06:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By WhatsUp31415
How to print outgoing email before sending?

What's the best way to print outgoing email (i.e. "create mail") for review
before sending?

Ideally, I need a procedure that an 84-year-old mostly computer-illiterate
person can follow. But if...
Forum: Outlook Express August 7th 09, 06:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By WhatsUp31415
How to print outgoing email before sending?

What's the best way to print outgoing email (i.e. "create mail") for review
before sending?

Ideally, I need a procedure that an 84-year-old mostly computer-illiterate
person can follow. But if...
Forum: Outlook Express July 28th 09, 07:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 26
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Why can't I see posting when I set "Group Messages by Conversation"?

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
But such a vague Subject certainly sounds like it
could have been in a response to some other post
[....]
You haven't said whether you use...

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
But such a vague Subject certainly sounds like it
could have been in a response to some other post
[....]
You haven't said whether you use...
Forum: Outlook Express July 28th 09, 06:57 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 26
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Why can't I see posting when I set "Group Messages by Conversation"?

PS....

I wrote:
The "invisible" thread has the subject "Formula", author Jules, date
7/27/09 5:18 PM, with responses posted at 5:42 PM and 7:05 PM. (All times
are PDT.)

In case I was...

I wrote:
The "invisible" thread has the subject "Formula", author Jules, date
7/27/09 5:18 PM, with responses posted at 5:42 PM and 7:05 PM. (All times
are PDT.)

In case I was...
Forum: Outlook Express July 28th 09, 06:35 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 26
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Why can't I see posting when I set "Group Messages by Conversation"?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
Only one thread?

No reasonable way for me know. I am not about to make a list of all threads
visible when "Group Messages" is not set, then...

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
Only one thread?

No reasonable way for me know. I am not about to make a list of all threads
visible when "Group Messages" is not set, then...
Forum: Outlook Express July 28th 09, 06:16 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 26
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Why can't I see posting when I set "Group Messages by Conversation"?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
Make sure View | Current View | "Show all messages" is checked
and "Show replies to my messages" is NOT checked.

Yes to both. Also, Customize...

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
Make sure View | Current View | "Show all messages" is checked
and "Show replies to my messages" is NOT checked.

Yes to both. Also, Customize...
Forum: Outlook Express July 28th 09, 04:58 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By WhatsUp31415
Why can't I see posting when I set "Group Messages by Conversation"?

There is a thread that I can see (in pieces) when "Group Messages by
Conversation" is not set, but I cannot see it when "Group Messages by
Conversation" is set.

I assume I am doing something...