Search: Posts made by: John L[_2_]
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts December 1st 09, 04:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Posted By John L[_2_]
Import contatcts from Excel - select file - next grayed out

WinXP Pro SP3
Outlook 2003 (Exchange client)
Excel 2003 XLS (in My Documents)

I am following the process to import an excel spreadsheet of contact info
into outlook 2003.

I select the 97-2003...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 7th 09, 10:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By John L[_2_]
Outlook 2007 - PST 2 GB?

WinXP Pro SP3
Outlook 2007 - Pop3

Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend
who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that
Outlook 2007...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 7th 09, 02:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By John L[_2_]
Outlook Send fail - error 0x80070057

Folks,

This is a curious one. Ports were set correct. To make it work I had to
change the password and reconnect. WHen taht worked, I reset the password
back and it took. Now it is working. It...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 26th 09, 01:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By John L[_2_]
Outlook user name error? - Found cause

Folks,

Thanks for your help. This is a Comcast issue that they are not owning up
to.

I got the email account working by changing the password and running the
"test settings" process.
That worked...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 24th 09, 09:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By John L[_2_]
Outlook user name error?

Outlook 2003
Comcast POP3

I get an user name error when trying to setup outlook to be the client for
comcast mail. The comcast servers and ports are setup properly.

I was wondering if the username...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 13th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By John L[_2_]
Weblink launch from Outlook 2003 hangs

Sounds promising for this problem. Is there a KB to walk me through it?

Thx
John

--

*****************
John Lenz
Replies: 7
Posted By John L[_2_]
Weblink launch from Outlook 2003 hangs

Brian,

I completed the reset and it still does not work.

Here is the scenario:

Outlook mail open.
IE7 not open
Select and open a weblink from within a message
2 IE7 windows launch
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 8th 09, 10:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By John L[_2_]
Outlook Send fail - error 0x80070057

Outlook 2007
POP account

This just started. I cannot send mail. I get error:

Task 'John (Comcast) - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not
complete the operation. One or more parameter...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 7th 09, 04:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By John L[_2_]
Weblink launch from Ootlook 2003 hangs

Diane,

I tried tip ... Try resetting Internet Explorer - from either IE's tools,
options menu or Control panel, Internet settings, go to the Programs tab and
click the button to reset web...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 5th 09, 07:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By John L[_2_]
Weblink launch from Ootlook 2003 hangs

WinXP SP3
Outlook 2003, popmail
IE7

Whenever I click a weblink (launch) from within outlook mail message AND IE
explorer is not already open, I get 2 windows. Window 1 is the home page -
OK....
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 29th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 0
Posted By John L[_2_]
Search lookup intermittent - Outlook 2007

Office 2007
Vista Ultimate SP1

When I use search in mail and/or contacts, it sometimes finds the
mail/contact and sometimes does not. I tested by ensuring the mail/contact
was present and...