Search: Posts made by: Cooler Dude
Forum: Outlook Express May 8th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Cooler Dude
Newsgroup won't stop synchronising

AlmostBob wrote:
not synchronised:
headers not downloaded:
only the count of unread messages incremented, so you know that there
are some to be d/l when you wish to

That doesn't appear to...
Forum: Outlook Express May 8th 06, 05:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Cooler Dude
Newsgroup won't stop synchronising

I subscribe to a number of newsgroups via the same news server. All
were set to synchronise "Headers Only".
For one of the groups, I wish to retain it in the list for future use
but not synchronise...
Forum: Outlook Express April 24th 06, 05:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Cooler Dude
am I spamming??

Neil Perrin wrote:
Hi
I keep getting messages saying things like "undelived mail returned to
sender". I get about 10 or 15 of these a day. they are returned to my
mail address, but I have not...
Forum: Outlook Express April 16th 06, 07:53 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Cooler Dude
Bounced messages I haven't sent!

Stuart Reed wrote:
I'm getting an increasing number of Mail Undeliverable messages
claiming to have been sent by me which I haven't sent.

Is this caused by a virus?

Any help...
Forum: Outlook Express April 5th 06, 10:32 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Cooler Dude
OE6 don't save modifcation on attachment

Open the attachment again (or a similar one). Choose File Save As and
the folder where it intends to save the attachment will be displayed.

Sorin TENE wrote:
OK I got it. But I want to find...
Forum: Outlook Express April 1st 06, 09:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Cooler Dude
Confusing title

Well, you learn something new every day ;-)

Bruce Hagen wrote:
Outlook Express is and integral part of Internet Explorer. That said,
they *could have* named it anything they wanted.

"Cooler...
Forum: Outlook Express April 1st 06, 08:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Cooler Dude
Confusing title

Having seen so many posts here that would be better served elsewhere, I
wondered why this newsgroup includes "..inetexplorer.ie6" in its title.
Is it a historical thing that cannot be altered now...
Forum: Outlook Express March 25th 06, 04:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 1
Posted By Cooler Dude
Unread message indicator false

I have marked all messages in this newsgroup as read. However, the
newsgroup name for this group in the folder pane still shows in *bold*
and will only return to normal text if I select Catch Up.

If...
Forum: Outlook Express March 22nd 06, 07:56 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Cooler Dude
Spell check not working

L... wrote:
Not sure what I did but I unchecked "The original text in a
reply----" and it's working.

Guessing when that box is checked, it's doesn't check anything? Or
maybe it just needed...
Forum: Outlook Express March 22nd 06, 07:51 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Cooler Dude
server probs

Chris wrote:
I have a wanadoo account and since last wednesday i try to view
news.wanadoo newsgroup i get a message saying server not found.
please can you help

You obviously didn't see the...
Forum: Outlook Express March 21st 06, 11:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Cooler Dude
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Cooler Dude" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
Can I ask you a favor, please? Take a look in rec.boats,...
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 10:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Cooler Dude
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

Doug Kanter wrote:
Can I ask you a favor, please? Take a look in rec.boats, for a thread
with subject line " Dumb Pirates", posted by Bill Kearney on
3/19/06. I show that at the top of a...
Forum: Outlook Express March 5th 06, 11:16 AM Posted to microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By Cooler Dude
Cannot change default Insert Attachment folder- FIXED

Cooler Dude wrote:
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE wrote:
"Cooler Dude" wrote in message

Just to update. I did run the XP...
Forum: Outlook Express March 5th 06, 09:07 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Cooler Dude
Insert Attachment - default folder

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE wrote:
"Cooler Dude" wrote in message

Using OE6 and 98SE.

I have amended the registry settings...
Forum: Outlook Express March 4th 06, 11:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Cooler Dude
Insert Attachment - default folder

Using OE6 and 98SE.

I have amended the registry settings (below) so that the OE "Insert
Attachment" box now opens and displays my preferred folders/files (C:\),
rather than the default "My...