Search: Posts made by: Richard in AZ
Forum: Outlook Express May 12th 10, 03:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 40
Posted By Richard in AZ
Security Update for Outlook Express released 11 May 2010

It was part of the last automatic windows update package

And is this in with our automatic...

"spamlet" wrote in message
And is this in with our automatic...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 26th 09, 05:15 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Richard in AZ
off line backup software for messages

Does anyone know of software that will make readable copies of and entire Outlook mail folder?
Copies that could be stored on an external drive for reading off line, or on another computer?
For...
Forum: Outlook Express November 28th 08, 11:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Richard in AZ
SAVING FILES for new computer

If you open OE, and then to TOOL menu, then to "Options".
Now go to the Maintenance Tab, and click on the "Store Folder" button.
Now highlight the entire line in the windows box and press Ctrl+C to...
Forum: Outlook Express October 30th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By Richard in AZ
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Had a customer with exactly the same problem. Turned out his "identity" was corrupted.
Created a new "identity" for him and Outlook Express work perfectly.
We then imported his address book and all...
Forum: Outlook Express October 25th 08, 04:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard in AZ
URL in OE does not connect to page

"Heide Nicolay" wrote in message ...
| Hello,
|
| For some time now, whenever I click on an URL contained in an e-mail (or any
| other...
Forum: Outlook Express October 1st 08, 05:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Richard in AZ
Cannot receive from one address but can send to

"Nicky" wrote in message
|I am unable to receive emails from one particular sender, but they are
Forum: Outlook Express September 27th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Richard in AZ
outlook express

Outlook Express never had a spell checker.
It used the one available in Microsoft Office, if Office was installed, but the spell checker in
Office 2007 is not compatible.
There are a number of free...
Forum: Outlook Express September 26th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard in AZ
Spell checking without MS Word/office

Obviously Carolyn like to see her name come up, but does not offer any help.

Jim, do a Google on free spell checkers for OE, there are a lot of them.

"carolyn" ...
Forum: Outlook Express September 25th 08, 03:10 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard in AZ
Upgrade W2K SP4 to XP Pro

Try this site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307726

"JDW" wrote in message
| Richard sorry to bother...
Forum: Outlook Express September 24th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard in AZ
Upgrade W2K SP4 to XP Pro

Most update procedures will ask if you want to save a backup of the old system. (lots of HD space
reqd).
You can expect to have to download and install every update that MS ever offered for XP.
You...
Forum: Outlook Express September 24th 08, 01:09 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard in AZ
Upgared W2K SP4 to XP Pro

The "upgrade" process should leave all of your current programs operational.
However, always as a precaution, make a backup of all of your data.
The only problems you should have would be with...
Forum: Outlook Express September 24th 08, 01:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Richard in AZ
i don't know what this is.

Wow that was an intelligent statement!
Arkansas school system?

"Hannnah Wilkinson" wrote in message
|i don't know what...
Forum: Outlook Express September 22nd 08, 03:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Richard in AZ
Warning about Outlook Ex. 6

Bruce has the correct answer to solve your problem,
But you have never had the ability to just "copy" Windows Program files from one drive/folder to
another and make it work.
Windows programs always...
Forum: Outlook Express September 21st 08, 05:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By Richard in AZ
How to backup mailboxes?

The "local settings" folder is normally a hidden folder.
If you go to "folder options" in the control panel.
Then in the "view tab" you change the settings from "hide system files" to "show system...
Forum: Outlook Express September 18th 08, 03:56 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Richard in AZ
No Message Headers in Inbox.

Did you go to VIEW in the menu bar, then "current view" and check "show all messages"?

"Caennmor" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express September 1st 08, 04:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 9
Posted By Richard in AZ
New Spam

"Janetb" wrote in message
|I suddenly started getting a huge amount of spam not addressed to my email
Forum: Outlook Express August 29th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard in AZ
How can I add another email address?

I will assume you set up your current email account with the address you have.
After you get an additional address (and password) approved by your ISP, Go to the Tools menu.
Then to Accounts, and Add...
Forum: Outlook Express August 26th 08, 07:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Richard in AZ
Dial-Up

I agree. Almost On Line was the poorest choice ever.
However a free AOL address is handy as a throw-away address for buying and/or subscriptions on the
net. You can just decide to ignore it if the...
Forum: Outlook Express August 26th 08, 04:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Richard in AZ
Dial-Up

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message ...
| It's as fast as DSL for the price of DSL? Well, it should be.
|
| Why do you pay extra for AOL?...
Forum: Outlook Express August 23rd 08, 07:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard in AZ
outlook express error

You call your ISP technical support and tell them you want to change your password.
They then change it in their computer and you change it on your computer.
Unless your password agrees with what is...
Forum: Outlook Express July 20th 08, 04:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Richard in AZ
What is the function of the "Check" button?

"tommyvin" wrote in message
|I am new to Outlook Express. When I am composing a new email or...
Forum: Outlook Express July 20th 08, 04:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

"tommyvin" wrote in message
|I am new to Outlook Express. When I am composing a new email or...
Forum: Outlook Express July 17th 08, 04:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard in AZ
Incremental Manual Backup/Copy of Outlook Expess Messages Folder

You don't understand the file structure of OE.
Your entire INBOX (all the messages) is a single file (inbox.dbx).
When you add or delete messages, this one file changes size, but there is no "new"...
Forum: Outlook Express July 3rd 08, 10:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 62
Posted By Richard in AZ
Conceal Identity

"Rob" wrote in message
Every post I make to newsgroups is being maliciously tracked by a certain
individual. I then...