Search: Posts made by: BigDubb
Forum: Add-ins for Outlook December 4th 08, 10:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Replies: 0
Posted By BigDubb
Outlook VSTO Add-In Sending Meeting requests Twice

We have created a VSTO addin for Outlook Meetings.

As part of this we trap on the SendEvent of the message on the
FormRegionShowing event:
_apptEvents.Send += new...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms December 4th 08, 04:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 11
Posted By BigDubb
Before Send

Ken,

First off thanks for the suggestion, I took your first approach and this
worked well. However, we seem to have hit an issue with send event.

For some users, meeting requests are sent twice. ...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 30th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By BigDubb
Outlook Appointment

digging yet further....

The appointment is getting locked when a user accepts the appointment and
hasn't restarted outlook.

Why is this? What's going on here.

Why would accepting an appointment...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 30th 08, 06:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By BigDubb
Outlook Appointment

Ok.... Digging further...

I have uninstalled the plug in and followed the same process described
earlier, and am getting the same results.

So, it can't be the originator's instance of the plug...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 30th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By BigDubb
Outlook Appointment

It's not a VBA project, it's a C# VSTO project.

The previous resolution wasn't a solution.

I think I've narrowed down the culprit...

Here's the scenario:
User A sends meeting request to User...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 27th 08, 07:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By BigDubb
Outlook Appointment

After some digging around on the intrawebs and some trial and error I believe
I have found a resolution, however, I have yet to determine whether or not
this is a work around or a solution.

I...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 27th 08, 03:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By BigDubb
Outlook Appointment

We have attempted to create a new Outlook Addin for a Meeting request. For
the most part users are very happy with the new changes but we seem to have
hit an peculiarity when attempting to modify...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 22nd 08, 09:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 1
Posted By BigDubb
Include user Signature in an Appointment

I am only finding information on adding a signature to an email. any
suggestions on how I might go about doing this?

Thanks.
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 21st 08, 12:58 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 1
Posted By BigDubb
RequiredAttendees Property Changed Event

I have noticed that the PropertyChange Event fires everytime a new recipient
is added to an Meeting/Appointment. Which makes sense, however, the problem
that I seem to be encountering is that the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 17th 08, 03:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 11
Posted By BigDubb
Before Send

I am not seeing an Appointment.Send Event, rather an Send Method.

When trying to make the event handler for the send method I get the
following error
"Cannot assign to 'Send' because it is a...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 17th 08, 02:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 11
Posted By BigDubb
Before Send

There is no Item object in the parameters, nor understood by the class
associated to the new region.

Can you clarify further?

Again, this is not a VBA project, it is a VS2008 C# project.

"Ken...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 16th 08, 10:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 11
Posted By BigDubb
Before Send

Ok...

The more I dig into this the more odd things react.

It appears as if the Send button on a Meeting/Appointment request fires off
a Send Event for every recipient on the appointment.

which...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 16th 08, 09:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 11
Posted By BigDubb
Before Send

Another issue with this event....

If a user is attempting to cancel the request and a required value is not
set, then the send event is never executed.

"BigDubb" wrote:

Thanks.
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 16th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 11
Posted By BigDubb
Before Send

Thanks.

Actually I was able to get the Application object from the AppointmentItem
and add a handler on the ItemSend event, which is exactly what I was looking
for.

One caveat with this though,...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 16th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 11
Posted By BigDubb
Before Send

How would one prevent sending of an appontment object if all of the required
fields haven't been completed? I cant seem to find a before send event to
trap on.

Thanks.
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 16th 08, 07:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 3
Posted By BigDubb
HTML in Appointment Body

Thanks. I'm digging into this. IT seems pretty easy if I"m using outlook
2007.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

That's normal and expected behavior, given that AppointmentItem bodies are...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 15th 08, 11:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 3
Posted By BigDubb
HTML in Appointment Body

I am tring to dynamically build a body of an appointment via a custom built
AddIn.

Does anyone know how I might be able to pass markup into that property and
have it render on the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 15th 08, 03:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 2
Posted By BigDubb
How to Store Objects in UserProperties

As part of a custom Appointment Form I would like to store either an object
or struct for some data to be displayed in a grid.

A pretty simple object, with just three properties.

I haven't found...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 15th 08, 01:15 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 4
Posted By BigDubb
Guidance

nm I figured it out. I had an existing session of Outlook open which was
making things add a little flakey.
Regions were persisted, so the registry needed to be cleaned.

Thanks for your...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 15th 08, 01:03 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 4
Posted By BigDubb
Guidance

Sue,

thanks for your response. I feel like I'm on the right path now, this feels
much more doable.

I am hitting an issue during while trying to test the addin. Regardless of
the addin type...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 14th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 4
Posted By BigDubb
Guidance

Yesterday I was approached by our training department to implement a new
methodology regarding meetings. They would like the Appointment form
modified to support additional information:
- Assign...