Search: Posts made by: ColTom2
Forum: Outlook Express March 7th 07, 02:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 6
Posted By ColTom2
Addressbook Deleted

Hi:

I have done both of your suggestions, but still no address book.

Thanks

"ColTom2" wrote in message
Hi:
Forum: Outlook Express February 18th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By ColTom2
For Bruce Hagen, Pa Bear, and Michael Santovec

I just wanted to make sure that you received my thanks Pa Bear.

Tom

"PA Bear" wrote in message
YW & I believe all of us...
Forum: Outlook Express February 17th 07, 01:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By ColTom2
For Bruce Hagen, Pa Bear, and Michael Santovec

Hi To All:

I really appreciate all the support efforts that you recommended
applicable OE compacting problems and I am
happy to report that I have found the culprit.

The problem is having...
Forum: Outlook Express February 14th 07, 01:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 21
Posted By ColTom2
Compacting Files Folder

Hi:

I had disabled everything in the Startup Tab with the exception of ctfmon,
2 items applicable his Trend Penicillin AV, and one other that I can't
recall at this time. I suppose to be...
Forum: Outlook Express February 14th 07, 12:42 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 21
Posted By ColTom2
Compacting Files Folder

Hi:

The only way that I have found to prevent the error notice is like I say
by doing a clean boot. If I run MSCONFIG and take the check out of "ctfmon"
and reboot it is fine. However, the...
Forum: Outlook Express February 13th 07, 03:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 21
Posted By ColTom2
Compacting Files Folder

Hi:

Rebooting does nothing to prevent the error.

If I do a clean boot as follows I do not get the error notice:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type "msconfig" (without...
Forum: Outlook Express February 11th 07, 01:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 21
Posted By ColTom2
Compacting Files Folder

Hi Pa Bear:

Can I use the same user name when creating a new named identity so that I
can use the same email address and not have to create a new one? This way I
could basically retain...
Forum: Outlook Express February 10th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 21
Posted By ColTom2
Compacting Files Folder

Hi Bruce:

I am going to try Pa Bear's suggestion and if that does not stop the error
then I will do as you recommend. Will post accordingly.

Tom

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in...
Forum: Outlook Express February 10th 07, 01:53 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 21
Posted By ColTom2
Compacting Files Folder

Hi Pa Bear:

Again it's on a friends computer and I will try this and advise
accordingly. Seems as if I had closed OE and still got this error at the
end, but will recheck.

Tom

"PA Bear"...
Forum: Outlook Express February 9th 07, 09:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 21
Posted By ColTom2
Compacting Files Folder

Hi Bruce:

My error, as it should have read Folders File as you indicate. If I go
into the Startup Tab and turn everything off I do not get this error. I
guess that I could start trying each item...
Forum: Outlook Express February 9th 07, 02:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 21
Posted By ColTom2
Compacting Files Folder

It happens at the last item "Folder Options" and appears to have processed
everything except at the end I am getting this error notice.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express February 8th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 21
Posted By ColTom2
Compacting Files Folder

Hi:

At the end of the compacting files folder process I am getting an error
notice as follows: "This folder is currently in use by Outlook Express or by
another application""

I have all...
Forum: Outlook Express January 25th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By ColTom2
Wierd Happening OE6

Hi Pa Bear:

Thanks again for your timely post. I basically am doing all that you
recommended except I was not "working offline" when compacting folders. I
never knew this before and appreciate...
Forum: Outlook Express January 25th 07, 12:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By ColTom2
Wierd Happening OE6

Hi:

I had an event happen today with OE 6 that I never have had happen. I have
two local folders entitled Saved Incoming Email and the other Saved Outgoing
Email that I use to place emails in...
Forum: Outlook Express January 14th 07, 10:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 12
Posted By ColTom2
Anti-Virus and Spyware/Malware Newsgroup

Thanks for all the input and data sources.

"ColTom2" wrote in message
Hi:

It sure would be nice if Microsoft would...
Forum: Outlook Express January 14th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By ColTom2
Strange Email Occurance

Hi PA Bear:

Just thought that I would let you know that you were 100% correct about
the cause being a Trojan virus. I finally got with my cousin today and
installed Ad-aware Personal SE, Spy-Bot...
Forum: Outlook Express January 14th 07, 07:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 12
Posted By ColTom2
Anti-Virus and Spyware/Malware Newsgroup

Hi:

It sure would be nice if Microsoft would come up with a new Newsgroup
dedicated just for Anti-Virus and Spyware/Malware. I am sure someone else
has thought of this before, as it would be a...
Forum: Outlook Express January 2nd 07, 10:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By ColTom2
Strange Email Occurance

Hi PaPear:

I really appreciate all the info contained in your past two emails and
have gone through most of the referenced sites etc. One in particular that
caught my attention was A-Squared,...
Forum: Outlook Express January 2nd 07, 12:51 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By ColTom2
Strange Email Occurance

Hi PaPear:

Thanks so much for your input and assistance. If the machine was here I am
sure that I could handle your recommendations, but being away is another
story and I agree with your last...
Forum: Outlook Express January 1st 07, 10:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By ColTom2
Strange Email Occurance

Hi:

I had dad accomplish the following in trying to resolve his email problem
of me receiving a copy of his email sent only to his son when I am not an
addressee.

I deleted both me and his...
Forum: Outlook Express December 31st 06, 06:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By ColTom2
Strange Email Occurance

Hi:

Now I am getting all emails that dad sends out regardless as to they are
too. I have asked him to delete both me and his sons email address's from
his computer and reboot. Hopefully he will...
Forum: Outlook Express December 29th 06, 08:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By ColTom2
Strange Email Occurance

Hi:

I had the son turn off his receipt confirmation setting and this stopped
me from receiving the emails. I also had both delete my email address,
reboot, and reinstall it.

I still have no...
Forum: Outlook Express December 29th 06, 02:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By ColTom2
Strange Email Occurance

Hi Frank:

I apologize for sending in HTML and have now changed to plain text. I
thought I was sending in plain text and appreciate you bringing this to my
attention.

I agree with your...
Forum: Outlook Express December 29th 06, 12:44 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By ColTom2
Strange Email Occurance

Hi PA Bear:

As far as I know I am the only recipient erroneously receiving copies of email sent from dad to son. When I open the email and hit Cntrl+F3 for Message Source Data my email address is...
Forum: Outlook Express December 28th 06, 10:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By ColTom2
Strange Email Occurance

Hi:

I am receiving confirmation of an email sent by a cousin to his dad. The strange thing is how can I receive an email confirmation when I was not an addressee?

All three of us have different...