Search: Posts made by: Ted Zieglar
Forum: Outlook Express July 31st 06, 03:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
Replies: 1
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Internet liinks on outlook express

I apologize if I sounded harsh. IE 7 is plainly called "beta" on
Microsoft's website, which also very clearly says "Internet Explorer 7
Beta 3 is pre-release software." Anyone who doesn't know what...
Forum: Outlook Express July 28th 06, 08:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Newsgroups: Repeating Name and Password Prompt

You might try deleting your account in Outlook Express and re-creating
it, but that doesn't always help.

Outlook Express could care less if you supply a password...it's your ISP
that wants it. Ask...
Forum: Outlook Express July 27th 06, 09:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Compact Folders Nag Message

Compact manually.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

Bill Wolcott wrote:
I'm running XP/SP2, is there a way to lose the "Compact Folders" nag after
closing OE?
Thanks,
Forum: Outlook Express July 25th 06, 10:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Ted Zieglar
mail sending format

In Outlook Express you can only attach a file that is saved on your hard
drive.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

D.H. Cesare wrote:
When my friend tries to forward or...
Forum: Outlook Express July 25th 06, 07:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Ted Zieglar
new e-mail address

The password is a requirement of your ISP, not Outlook Express. Check
with your ISP.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

nevertooold wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone...
Forum: Outlook Express July 25th 06, 04:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Zieglar
How do I either get rid of outlook express or get it to work?

"How to configure Outlook Express to use a Hotmail account"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=220852

"How do I setup [Comcast to use] Outlook Express for...
Forum: Outlook Express July 25th 06, 02:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Newbie: Help with munging please

Munging means altering your email address in a way that hides it from
spam bots. For example, if your email address is you
might munge it as and in your...
Forum: Outlook Express July 21st 06, 03:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Finding old posts.

Google to the rescue:
http://tinyurl.com/9ctzz

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

sheana wrote:
How do I find old posts for questions I previously asked or by another...
Forum: Outlook Express July 19th 06, 09:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Where did the contacts come from?

Malware?
---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

Nananana wrote:
Hi.
I have some contacts which, AFAIR, I never wrote to or replied to.
Any idea how they were added?
TIA
Forum: Outlook Express July 19th 06, 06:55 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Zieglar
pls help me clarify

No problem. Your ISP's POP3 server is the server that receives your
incoming mail. Your ISP's SMTP server is where you send outgoing mail.
---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best...
Forum: Outlook Express July 18th 06, 07:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Newsgroups

Unfortunately, you've made the mistake of thinking like a human being
instead of a computer. Newsgroups and email are two entirely separate
things. You can't send mail from a newsreader and you...
Forum: Outlook Express July 12th 06, 09:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Removing Message Rules

In the time it took you to type your post you could have deleted them
all manually.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

Jack Gillis wrote:
I have about 50 different rules...
Forum: Outlook Express July 12th 06, 04:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Ted Zieglar
microsoft program for 2003

I don't have any free Microsoft programs for you, but since you made the
mistake of posting your email address I have plenty of spam to send you.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best...
Forum: Outlook Express July 11th 06, 05:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 1
Posted By Ted Zieglar
old information

That's obvious.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

vasha arnold wrote:
i don't got no idea.

Forum: Outlook Express June 29th 06, 06:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Ted Zieglar
HTML only spam

Tools Options Read checkmark in Read all messages in plain text.

Ken_B wrote:
I get tons of spam that is HTML only....no text. Virtually all legitimate
HTML e-mail contains text also.
Forum: Outlook Express June 29th 06, 02:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By Ted Zieglar
spam mail in OE6

Fortunately there are very many programs and online services available
to help you with blocking spam. You can find reviews and extensive
discussion of spam blocking -- and even more important:...
Forum: Outlook Express June 27th 06, 09:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Email showing up in printer queue

The usual method is File Print, but CTRL+P also works.

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"Don" wrote in...
Forum: Outlook Express June 27th 06, 04:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Zieglar
OT ?? Scam

An obvious scam. Did you ask f2atv technical support why you can't access
their website? The poor English alone is a giveaway.

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"Tri-Pacer"...
Forum: Outlook Express June 26th 06, 09:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Minor question

If you're asking about Outlook, you should be asking in a newsgroup for
Outlook:

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"thegardener"...
Forum: Outlook Express June 23rd 06, 05:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Delete old server address

Tools Accounts select your email account Properties

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"ELISE PHILLIPS" wrote in...
Forum: Outlook Express June 15th 06, 05:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Newsgroup link won't open IE; OE link will

Do you read newsgroups in plain text?

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"POP" wrote in...
Forum: Outlook Express June 15th 06, 03:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Zieglar
hgfbv vnvjvfwhjjgnag bvnxcbvxcvvmvbnf

See how there are almost no vowels in the post? The OP might be Joe Btfsplk
(if you're old enough to remember L'il Abner.)

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"Steve Cochran"...
Forum: Outlook Express June 13th 06, 07:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Zieglar
help

"How to ask a question"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375/en-us

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"Lorraine O'Kane" wrote in...
Forum: Outlook Express June 13th 06, 03:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Ted Zieglar
OE not showing in Add/Remove

Internet Explorer and Outlook Express are part of the operating system - not
separate programs - so you shouldn't expect to see them in Add or Remove
Programs.

To reinstall Internet Explorer and...
Forum: Outlook Express May 31st 06, 04:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Ted Zieglar
Unasked for launch

Perhaps you can ask AVG technical support for assistance.

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"Joan Archer" wrote in...