Search: Posts made by: Doug Kanter
Forum: Outlook Express May 13th 06, 12:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 1
Posted By Doug Kanter
Suggest from China

"ÖÓ¿¡äì" wrote in message
The OUTLOOK work set you good:
I am one customer of the inside country.I want to suggest some...
Forum: Outlook Express May 5th 06, 04:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 6
Posted By Doug Kanter
Compacting and file size

"Dan" wrote in message
Yes. I have specified my own folder for the message store, so I know
exactly
Forum: Outlook Express April 24th 06, 08:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Doug Kanter
OE & AOL question

Thanks, Mike.

"Michael Santovec" wrote in message
Nested messages (*.EML files) is a common problem when messages...
Forum: Outlook Express April 24th 06, 07:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Doug Kanter
OE & AOL question

I use OE, and frequently, when AOL victims send me mail with an attachment,
I'll go to open it and find another e-mail within, and have to open the next
attachment...sometimes as many as 4-5...
Forum: Outlook Express April 21st 06, 12:40 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 1
Posted By Doug Kanter
Export .WAB file a certain way

In my address book, I've got a separate folder for my band's mailing list. I
want to send the contents of ONLY this folder to people in the band so they
can review the names they've submitted. But,...
Forum: Outlook Express April 5th 06, 05:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 6
Posted By Doug Kanter
single e-mail sent to several persons problem

"Rick" wrote in message
Staff will address/send an e-mail to an individual and the person will
recieve it.
But...
Forum: Outlook Express March 22nd 06, 09:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By Doug Kanter
problem sending .wav attachement

I wasn't aware that OE would do that automatically. Mine certainly does not.

"cw" wrote in message
The...
Forum: Outlook Express March 22nd 06, 08:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By Doug Kanter
problem sending .wav attachement

If you mean you're leaving YOUR mail on the server, then yes. It's possible
your mailbox is just full enough to not allow a large email to land there.
Error messages regarding email size are...
Forum: Outlook Express March 22nd 06, 03:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By Doug Kanter
problem sending .wav attachement

Tell your friend to check with his internet service provider. Many of them
have a size limit per e-mail message. Mine has a 7mb limit, so when I need
to send a music file to people in my band, I...
Forum: Outlook Express March 21st 06, 01:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

"Cooler Dude" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Cooler Dude" wrote in message
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 11:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

Bruce, I really need your view of what's going on in this particular
newsgroup, because it's representative of the problem I'm experiencing....
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 11:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

This is NOT good. :-) Who is your ISP, Bruce? And, I may not see your
response until late tonight.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 10:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

So...(I can't believe I'm telling an MVP how to add a non-MS
newsgroup)....click on the heading of the news account, wait for OE to
generate a list of newsgroups, and look for the window that says...
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 10:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

"Cooler Dude" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
Can I ask you a favor, please? Take a look in rec.boats, for a thread
with...
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 10:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

Do you use Frontier as your ISP? I'm not prying into your private life, just
wondering if maybe they have problems.

"Max" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 10:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

How are you viewing THIS newsgroup, Bruce? With OE?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
I don't know the account settings for...
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 10:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

Can I ask you a favor, please? Take a look in rec.boats, for a thread with
subject line " Dumb Pirates", posted by Bill Kearney on 3/19/06. I show
that at the top of a thread hierarchy. Does it...
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 09:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

Bruce, I've had those options checked since the beginning. Some threads *do*
stay together as they should.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express March 20th 06, 09:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Doug Kanter
Messages seem to become UNthreaded

About 2 months ago, I posted a message here in which I commented that I was
seeing lots of subject lines beginning with . Normally, these would NOT
be the first message in a thread, but rather,...
Forum: Outlook Express January 19th 06, 03:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Doug Kanter
OE6 Problem

"Pubs" wrote in message
I kept getting a "compress files" pop up in outlook express 6 and clicked...
Forum: Outlook Express January 19th 06, 02:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Doug Kanter
Why do messages get disconnected from threads?

"Michael Santovec" wrote in message
Besides what the others have said, some people start a new thread with a
subject...
Forum: Outlook Express January 18th 06, 09:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Doug Kanter
Why do messages get disconnected from threads?

"PA Bear" wrote in message
Assuming you have "Group messages by conversation" enabled:

Yep, and it works fine for the vast...
Forum: Outlook Express January 18th 06, 04:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Doug Kanter
Why do messages get disconnected from threads?

I'm quite sure this has nothing to do with OE. It's just curiosity. In
various newsgroups, I'll sometimes see a subject line like " Whatever the
subject was", but the message I'm seeing isn't...
Forum: Outlook Express January 15th 06, 09:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 1
Posted By Doug Kanter
Weird OE Glitch

This problem's been around forever - does anyone else notice it? If I open
up any message and copy even a line or two of text, then his Esc to close
the message (which I'm viewing in a separate...