Search: Posts made by: Alias
Forum: Outlook Express June 13th 06, 03:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Alias
OE not showing in Add/Remove

Clayton L Owen wrote:
No versions of OE (or for that matter IE) are listed in the Control Panel
Add/Remove utility.

I read (somewhere) that they should be there, and that I would be able...
Forum: Outlook Express June 12th 06, 11:43 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 1
Posted By Alias
Insert problem with Outlook Express

Allen Hull wrote:
I sometimes want to insert a picture into an email and have never have a
problem. But today, I clicked on "Insert", then "Browse" in the dialogue
box, and finally on "My...
Forum: Outlook Express June 12th 06, 10:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Alias
help with signature needed

Mike & Pam Gellert wrote:
I originally created a signature, blue, pegasus font, 14 points in word pad,
txt file.
I wish to change the signature but cannot. I have deleted the original file,
Forum: Outlook Express June 11th 06, 04:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 13
Posted By Alias
OE6 wants to compact message folders

Bruce Hagen wrote:
"Alias" wrote in message
Bruce Hagen wrote:
AFAIK, It is only at the download center....
Forum: Outlook Express June 11th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 13
Posted By Alias
OE6 wants to compact message folders

Bruce Hagen wrote:
AFAIK, It is only at the download center. ( Patch KB918651:
http://tinyurl.com/mx3r2 ). See my latest reply to MargM. It's a two
part process.

Only if I have problems with...
Forum: Outlook Express June 11th 06, 03:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 13
Posted By Alias
OE6 wants to compact message folders

Bruce Hagen wrote:
Noel,

Was this *ever* at Windows Updates? I never saw it there. Just picked it
up from Kristen in the Pvt. newsgroup.

I never saw it either.

Alias
Forum: Outlook Express June 10th 06, 03:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Alias
importing OE inbox messages from one PC to second PC.

8kcab wrote:
I don't know what I'm doing! I've copied OE inbox.dbx onto a second computer
the correct way, but now I'm trying to import the file into new computer's OE
store folder. Problem...
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 06, 05:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Alias
Compacting folders

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE wrote:
"Alias" wrote in message
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM wrote:
"Alias"...
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 06, 04:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Alias
Compacting folders

Alias wrote:
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM wrote:
"Alias" wrote in message
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP,...
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 06, 04:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Alias
Compacting folders

"Alias" wrote in message
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM wrote:
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 06, 11:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Alias
Compacting folders

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM wrote:
"jaho" wrote in message
Thanks Bruce (and Alias for asking). I had to go into the...
Forum: Outlook Express June 8th 06, 06:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Alias
Compacting folders

Bruce Hagen wrote:
Go to: StartRunRegeditOK and find this key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID for
Identity}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0. In the right hand pane
and find...
Forum: Outlook Express June 8th 06, 04:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Alias
Compacting folders

Bruce Hagen wrote:
If you are fully patched, the Compact Check Count in the registry should
now be reset to 0 (zero) when you compact manually. Double check at
Windows Updates. If there is...
Forum: Outlook Express June 8th 06, 11:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Alias
IE 7 and Outlook.

Michael wrote:
Have just downloaded IE 7. cannort access Outlook from within the browser as
was the case priot to upgrade - have to do fit rom desktop. Any solutions to
this annoyance? ...
Forum: Outlook Express June 7th 06, 04:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Alias
only one account in OE freezes up...

rock9995 wrote:
all the others work normally. But in only one of my accounts, as soon as I
click on it and it comes up, the screen freezes...can't minimize, can't hit
"x" on top right...
Forum: Outlook Express June 3rd 06, 01:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Alias
Free Spam Filter???

mrhombre47 wrote:
Does anyone know of a good free spam filter?...I was using Spam Inspector but
then my computer crashed and it will not reinstall...Any help would be
greatly...
Forum: Outlook Express June 1st 06, 06:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Alias
Suddenly All Custom Inbox Folders Missing

bobjared wrote:
Thanks for your quick response. After searching for .dbx files, I found that
yesterday's "missing" OE message store folder, containing everything that was
missing had somehow...
Forum: Outlook Express June 1st 06, 04:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Alias
Suddenly All Custom Inbox Folders Missing

bobjared wrote:
I'm running WinXP SP2. I have a hardware firewall in my router, am also using
Sygate personal Firewall and Norton Antivirus. Also use 3 different spyware
programs. I had done...
Forum: Outlook Express June 1st 06, 01:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Alias
Signatures

Ron Sommer wrote:
Do not use Word.
There is a 4 KB size limit on a signature file.
Word insert a lot of unneeded code that greatly increases the file size.

You can compose a signature with...
Forum: Outlook Express May 31st 06, 07:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Alias
Unasked for launch

Joan Archer wrote:
Daughter is using a WinME machine and it has suddenly started launching
Outlook Express without being asked to.

The machine is running AVG and that has come up clean also...
Forum: Outlook Express May 31st 06, 07:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Alias
Unasked for launch

Ted Zieglar wrote:
Perhaps you can ask AVG technical support for assistance.

Passing the buck, eh? If you don't know the answer, maybe you should
just not reply to the post.

Alias
Forum: Outlook Express May 28th 06, 01:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Alias
adding new account

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE wrote:
"Bill Sharp" wrote in message
Thanks for your replies I was...
Forum: Outlook Express May 27th 06, 07:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Alias
adding new account

Bill Sharp wrote:
Yes my other accounts are hotmail

Only Hotmail tries to turn OE into Netscape. Your new account is there;
it just doesn't create it's own Inbox, etc. like Hotmail does. It will...
Forum: Outlook Express May 27th 06, 05:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Alias
adding new account

Bill Sharp wrote:
I have added new accounts in the past and had no problem , today I added a
new account but it does not show in the left hand panel , when I click
send/receive" the new...
Forum: Outlook Express May 23rd 06, 07:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By Alias
Can't delete an email in OE

Gen Joerger wrote:
Hi - I was working and had OE open when we had an unexpected power outage.
When the power came back, I rebooted and reopened OE. I clicked on one of
the new messages in my...