Search: Posts made by: Edward
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 19th 09, 06:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 5
Posted By Edward
Retrieving email item

Thanks Ken, I think conversation topic is the same as subject which is not
gonna be helpful because users change the subject when they reply.

I tested with conversationIndex here is the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 18th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 5
Posted By Edward
Retrieving email item

I think I have to explain more about what I’m trying to do . Ideally after
I receive an email and keep it’s EntryID in my listbox , usually there are
several back and fort email’s in the same...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 18th 09, 07:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 5
Posted By Edward
Retrieving email item

Hi,
I have a userform with a list that keeps email EntryId, Sendername, Subject
, Recieved date.
EntryID which is a 140 long string is in the first column (0) and is hidden.
A simplified version of...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 29th 09, 06:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By Edward
keep track of the original sender

Ken,
I'm not an expert in outlook programming , so sorry if i'm asking a trivial
question, I got the EntryID and I keep its value in a modul level string
variable to use it in other procedures...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 29th 09, 12:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By Edward
keep track of the original sender

Thanks Ken, I'll try that.
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

If you have a reference to an item get the EntryID property, then to
retrieve that item again later...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 28th 09, 12:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By Edward
keep track of the original sender

Hi everybody,
I have written some VBA code to create a work log in Excel and when a user
clicks on a button it exports the sender , date and subject of an email to an
Excel file and when he...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 13th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 5
Posted By Edward
find sender info

Thanks,
I use 2003, but we may switch to 2007 in the future.
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:

What version of Outlook are you using?
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 12th 09, 07:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 5
Posted By Edward
find sender info

Thanks
I got up to this point

Dim myolApp As Outlook.Application
Dim myNamespace As Outlook.NameSpace
Dim myRecipient As Outlook.Recipient
Set myolApp =...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 10th 09, 08:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By Edward
ReplyAll

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to reply to all by the following code but it's not populating To:
field
what am I missing here

Set msg = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With msg
.Subject =...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 10th 09, 06:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 5
Posted By Edward
find sender info

Hi everybody,
I know how to get sender's name programatically but I don't know how to get
additional infor like (Office,department) , We use outlook 2003 and exchange
server each person has those...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 10th 09, 06:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By Edward
Distribution of code

Hi Everybody,
I have written some code in outlook to export some data to Excel . Is there
an easy way to distribute this code easily among 30 people in different
locations beside writhing it as an...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 10th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 0
Posted By Edward
Allow someone to add calendar event without permission

Currently I allow someone to add MANY daily event to my calendar and it
requires me to Accept the event, then reply to my response and then
acknowledge the reminder.

Can I just grant someone...
Forum: Outlook - Installation August 31st 08, 07:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Edward
Outlook Pst file error & Unable to Find Scanpst.exe (Office 2003)

I copy another .pst file from other account and try to log this new pst to
outlook but fail.
System messages suggest me to execute scanpst.exe to revise but questions as
below.

1.Woud you please...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 25th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Edward
Recieving emails problem

It's OL 2003. yes I ran the test and there is no error but still out look
doesn't load my email although I can send emails but not recieve them.
--
Best regards,
Edward

"DL" wrote:

If you ran...
Forum: Outlook - Installation May 25th 08, 06:55 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 3
Posted By Edward
Recieving emails problem

Hi Everybody,
I just updtated my OS to Vista and reinstalled my office programms now I
can't receive emails . I created my account in outlook correctly and using
its test button it seems everything...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 19th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 4
Posted By Edward
Deleting Completed Task

Thank you very much for your help, Diane. This did work. I appreciate your
assistance!!!

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

Are you in the Tasks folder or To-Do folder? If you are in to-do folder,...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 16th 08, 01:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 4
Posted By Edward
Deleting Completed Task

It's Outlook 2007.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

is that the exact message? what version of outlook?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24...

When I "Show All" Tasks, I have many that are no longer relevant. And many
are associated with certain Contacts. But when I attempt to delete those old
Tasks, I receive a warning that if I delete...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 10th 08, 06:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 12
Posted By Edward
Outlook 2007 Inbox Doesn't Refresh

I don't use Windows firewall, but Norton. When I reset Norton firewall as
explained, problem is solved (or if I switch firewall off). It stays ok for a
while, then problem occurs again. Resetting...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 5th 08, 12:52 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By Edward
Import bold face fonts

Hi everyone
I'm using VBA to import the bodytext of an email message from Word
everything works find except for it dosn't keep the bold face font when it
imports to Outlook.
I have a section in my...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries December 21st 07, 03:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 12
Posted By Edward
Outlook 2007 Inbox Doesn't Refresh

Hi,
Had same problem. Outlook 2007 Dutch. No refresh of inbox.
Problem caused bay Norton Internet Security: firewall

Solution: deleted prgm from firewall list and started outlook again.
Norton-fw...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries November 18th 07, 03:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 11
Posted By Edward
requesting network password

"Not sure if this will work for Outlook, but give it a try anyway.
I had a similar problem, with a box requiring me to "enter user name and
password for the following server" each time I opened...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 14th 07, 12:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By Edward
Direct mail merge documents to drafts folder

Thanks JP but how is it possible to use attachment during mailmerge ? I want
to attach a specific file to each email lets say for Mr. X attach X.pdf and
Mr. Y attach Y.pdf ,...
--
Best...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 14th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By Edward
Direct mail merge documents to drafts folder

Hi everyone,
I use mailmerge in word to create email messages for different recipients
but the problem i have is after I create the merged document it automatically
sends the emails to each...