Search: Posts made by: Larry[_3_]
Forum: Outlook Express December 15th 09, 08:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 16
Posted By Larry[_3_]
Can OE be upgraded?

Here is an OE spell checker I have used for several years. Works fine

Larry
*****

"Marty" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express December 15th 09, 08:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 16
Posted By Larry[_3_]
Can OE be upgraded?

Here is an OE spell checker I have used for several years. Works fine

Larry
*****

"Marty" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express August 20th 08, 05:41 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE6 Received Time

"E/B" wrote in message
Would like to have my message Received Time show using the 24 hour
(military) time. Been searching...
Forum: Outlook Express July 28th 08, 09:35 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry[_3_]
message failure

"Jude" wrote in message
I am having trouble sending emails to Optusnet addresses, all others go
through...
Forum: Outlook Express June 3rd 08, 02:33 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 27
Posted By Larry[_3_]
To free disk space, OE can compact massage, this can take a fe

Download RegMon at
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896652.aspx.

Run the program and monitor the Compact Count Check registry value by
filtering on Compact Count Check.

This...
Forum: Outlook Express May 19th 08, 02:55 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
Solved - OE - Compress Folders after SP3

I have found the program that was incrementing the counter (Compact Count
Check) in OE. It was SKSMAILD.exe which is part of the IBM Rapid Access
Keyboard drivers. It incremented the default ID...
Forum: Outlook Express May 12th 08, 10:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Mike,
If I reset the counter to zero, and close the registry and then reopen it,
the counter is still set a zero so the registry is being updated ok. I can
watch the count going up by just...
Forum: Outlook Express May 12th 08, 10:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Steve,
Tried uninstalling AVG and reinstalling without email scanning - no joy
Tried disabling ZA Pro - no joy
Further Info - If, in Manage IDs, I untick the ID the program starts in and
change the...
Forum: Outlook Express May 12th 08, 09:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Further Info - If, in Manage IDs, I untick the ID the program starts in and
change the ID in "When the program cannot ask you to choose ID" - the
incrementing counter switches to that ID and the...
Forum: Outlook Express May 12th 08, 08:57 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Further Info re this:

I turn on the PC and do not start OE or anything else. I set the counter to
zero and leave the machine for an hour. At the end of the hour, with
nothing being done on the...
Forum: Outlook Express May 11th 08, 08:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Further to last night's info: By the time I was ready to shut down (about 2
hours after compacting), the count on the main ID had gone to 28. There was
only 2 changes of ID during that time so...
Forum: Outlook Express May 11th 08, 08:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Yes I am aware of the fact that both IDs have their own count. There is a
main ID and that is the one that OE usually has up except for the brief time
the other is checked.
--
Larry

"Ron Sommer"...
Forum: Outlook Express May 11th 08, 07:41 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Bruce,

Further Info re this:

I have done this as a test:
I have not changed IDs or closed OE but the counter has incremented to 6
after I reset it to zero by editing. All I have done is browse...
Forum: Outlook Express May 11th 08, 06:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Yes that is exactly what I see. I changed IDs 4 times and 4 was in the
counter.

But, I also know we are not changing IDs 100 times a day, in fact no where
close to that figure, so it must be...
Forum: Outlook Express May 11th 08, 05:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

This is still triggering every day and it appears that the magic number has
been reduced to 10 from 100. Since we have 2 IDs on this machine, every
time we switch IDs it adds to the count.

Since...
Forum: Outlook Express May 9th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Unfortunately I had already reset the counter to zero by editing the
registry so not sure if manually compacting has done the trick. Resetting
the counter manually did work.

The next time I...
Forum: Outlook Express May 9th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Thanks Bruce, I look forward to the patch.

Cheers,

Larry

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Congrats. You are customer #1 on...
Forum: Outlook Express May 9th 08, 12:42 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OE - Compress Folders after SP3

Since I installed SP-3, OE is continually asking to compress folders,
several times a day in fact. Even though I do compress them, when asked, it
prompts me within a couple of hours to do it...
Forum: Outlook Express May 4th 08, 12:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Larry[_3_]
Outlook Express Backup

Hi EllieSue,

Here is a step-by-step procedure of doing that from Microsoft
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670
or
a good free backup program written my a MS...
Forum: Outlook Express May 1st 08, 06:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 16
Posted By Larry[_3_]
OUTLOOK EXPRESS GOING AWAY ???

Michael, does WLM import OE6 folders, messages, address book, settings,
newsgroups etc directly and easily?

Larry

"Michael Santovec" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express December 9th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 17
Posted By Larry[_3_]
Can't send email to self

Long Shadows wrote:
:
: : 0x800CCC69 SMTP_550_MAILBOX_NOT_FOUND Mailbox not found
: :
: : Are you sending from to (not
: : ) and are...
Forum: Outlook Express September 16th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By Larry[_3_]
No Spell Check in Outlook Express.

You would need to have MS Office installed to get a spellchecker.
However you can install a free one that woprks very well. I have used
it for several years. Download it from...