Search: Posts made by: Adrian
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 3rd 09, 09:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 2
Posted By Adrian
how do I import contacts in excel with email addresses included?

check the named range in excel extends to the email address column - see Ben
M Schorr's answer to my similar question below - "Problem importing contacts
from excel 2003 to outlook...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 3rd 09, 04:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 2
Posted By Adrian
Can you make some contact fields private?

That's too bad. Thanks for the reply

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

No, its not possible.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook &...
Replies: 2
Posted By Adrian
Can you make some contact fields private?

Is it possible in outlook 2007 to make some contact fields private?

For instance, I have my own contact details fully filled out, but would like
to be able to make my home address private and my...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 2nd 09, 11:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 0
Posted By Adrian
missing phone numbers when exporting contacts from Outlook to Exce

I am tring to export my contact list from outlook 2007 to Excel 2003 via the
wizard under Fileimport / export.

I've done this successfully many times, but today, all of a sudden the phone
& fax...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 1st 09, 04:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 4
Posted By Adrian
Problem importing contacts from excel 2003 to outlook 2007

That works like a charm, thanks Ben

Adrian

"Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:

Check the named range you defined in Excel and make sure it extends to all
112 contacts.
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 1st 09, 04:42 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 4
Posted By Adrian
Problem importing contacts from excel 2003 to outlook 2007

I'm trying to import a contact list from excell 2003 to outlook 2007. I'm
using the wizard under FileImport and Export

The problem is that only the first 61 contacts (out of 112) import into...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring August 27th 09, 01:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Adrian
How do I view all of my mail reminders & appointments at once?

Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003.

I'd like to be able to view all of my calendar appointments along with
flagged mail reminders in one place so I can see what I have to clear through
in a day.

Is there...
Forum: Outlook - Installation March 31st 09, 08:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 8
Posted By Adrian
Outlook Connector Problem

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message

When I installed the latest...
Forum: Outlook - Installation March 31st 09, 01:34 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 8
Posted By Adrian
Outlook Connector Problem

Thank you for the reply Ron

I was previously accessing MSN from within outlook through some other
non-POP3 means that MS was supplying. I can't tell you more because that
setup was apparently...
Forum: Outlook - Installation March 30th 09, 11:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 8
Posted By Adrian
Outlook Connector Problem

When I installed the latest Messenger, it gave me the option of installing
something called 'Outlook Connector', which I accepted.
I now see my msn email address listed in the folders view, but when...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring February 12th 09, 10:15 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 6
Posted By Adrian
Calendar entry goes straight into calendar w/out notification

I have the same problems here. Exactly the same as Nikki's...

Tried so far:

1. Repair Office installation
2. Reinstall the whole package
3. Rebuild the workstation

No joy at all!
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring February 12th 09, 10:14 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 6
Posted By Adrian
Calendar entry goes straight into calendar w/out notification

I have the same problems here. Exactly the same as Nikki's...

Tried so far:

1. Repair Office installation
2. Reinstall the whole package
3. Rebuild the workstation

No joy at all!
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 12th 08, 01:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 0
Posted By Adrian
Mailing Address Layouts

When selecting the drop-down option "New Contact from Same Company", I have
noticed that the mailing address layout changes for the new contact even
though all the information is transfered, e.g. ...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 7th 08, 11:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 30
Posted By Adrian
miss the bell: reminder symbol display on calendar

Me three ;-) I support staff who monitor many calendars and, "Where has the
bell and faces (where others have been invited) gone ?" is becoming a common
question.

"dhnyc" wrote:

Me too. I'd...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts June 16th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By Adrian
HOW DO YOU CONFIGURE OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK OR CONTACT LIST-

Any help setting up outlook contacts system there must be some system to the
way the information is handled I have imported address book fron outlook
express which was inmorted from aol ( avery...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts January 7th 08, 09:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 20
Posted By Adrian
Problem with sending email to contacts in Outlook 2007

I've just tried setting up a brand new contact and sending an email to this
one. and it worked. Does this mean all the contacts that were imported have
somehow been corrupted? Do I need to set them...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts January 7th 08, 08:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 20
Posted By Adrian
Problem with sending email to contacts in Outlook 2007

I did import the contacts - they were originally on my pda - i used this to
update outlook 2002 on my new computer which I then upgraded to outlook 2007.

I think the email address is resolving...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts January 6th 08, 07:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 20
Posted By Adrian
Problem with sending email to contacts in Outlook 2007

I'm hoping someone can help me with this one....

I am running Outlook 2007 with Vista. On sending an email to a contact I
click on the "to" box, select the name etc to bring up the display name of...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 3rd 08, 12:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Adrian
Hotmail deletes messages in Outlook

Thanks, Brian! I was afraid that might be the case!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Adrian wrote:

It seems that it is the intention of Outlook is to mirror...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 2nd 08, 10:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Adrian
Hotmail deletes messages in Outlook

It seems that it is the intention of Outlook is to mirror Hotmail. I deleted
my messages in Hotmail to cleanup the account thinking that these messages
were safe in Outlook. Upon returning to...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 12th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By Adrian
Text wrapping while printing in Outlook

I know this is a 2-month old thread however there still is no answer to text
not wrapping when printing a calendar. Is there a workaround I could use for
this?

I have quite a few clients which...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms September 21st 07, 03:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 3
Posted By Adrian
Internet Users not able to see public Outlook custom forms

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have tried Paul's suggestion but that didn't work ... however I suspect I
made a mistake in setting up the properties! I am trying again now and will
report...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms September 17th 07, 10:20 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 3
Posted By Adrian
Internet Users not able to see public Outlook custom forms

I have a couple of simple custom forms that I have published to our
Organisational Forms Library that we also need to send to external,
non Exchange, users.

Looking at previous answers it sounded...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 12th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Adrian
Calendar cleanup

Hi

This concerns Outlook 2003

Since 1992 my calender has grown to 13MB. As the company has a restriction
on email space this is a significant part of my quota. Some remiders have
come with...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring June 22nd 07, 11:51 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By Adrian
Calendar Contracts

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I want to record when a client begins a year contract and when it ends, but
I don't want every day in between to be part of the view.

For example: If a contract...