Search: Posts made by: Charles W Davis
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 2nd 09, 11:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By Charles W Davis
emailing myself

"BK" wrote in message
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP

This just started last week. When I "reply" to an email I have...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 20th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 8
Posted By Charles W Davis
Group

Russ,

The OP was probably referring to "Distribution List."

Bob,
In Office Outlook 2007, Open Outlook, choose New Distribution List from the
File drop down menu. Then place the name of the...
Forum: Outlook Express January 20th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Charles W Davis
Picture to large

Probably the result of not paying attention in the 4th grade!
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
[grammar to bad]
Forum: Outlook - General Queries December 1st 08, 11:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Charles W Davis
Saving a picture in Outlook 2007

Right click the image?
"Leigh" wrote in message
Greetings,

I cannot save a picture or graphic that is sent to me in an email...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries October 2nd 08, 08:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By Charles W Davis
SETUP SCHEDULE BACKUP - is this possible?

Martin,

I have simply relocated the .pst file to a folder under Documents (Vista) or
My Documents (XP), it is then backed up with my normally scheduled backup.
No extra backup necessary.
"Martin...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 28th 08, 12:55 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Charles W Davis
HOW TO TRACK ANYTHING & EVERYTHING

Elephants leave footprints that are easily tracked... It may help to get a
bloodhound.
"Mari" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 16th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 10
Posted By Charles W Davis
Outlook 2007 - plain text line spacing

Mark, Just curious. You typed: "...Problem only appeared in the last few
days...." and "...I posted this to the outlook.general group a few weeks ago
but didn't get any replies. ..."

"MarkG"...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 16th 08, 02:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 13
Posted By Charles W Davis
search telephone numbers in outlook 2007

Diane,
In my Office Outlook 2007, each telephone number is proceded with; Home:,
Business:, Mobile:, etc. None, including, "Tel: (702) nnn-nnn" can be found.

I have typed the following formats to...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 16th 08, 02:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Charles W Davis
Alerts not allowed for server resident calendar - screen2.jpg (3/3)

More attempts to post .jpg images will also fail. The newsgroups are text
only. Diane has answered your question.

"Leo Bueno" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 30th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Charles W Davis
Outlook Mail

I hope you are using Office Outlook 2007, because that is where this answer
will be applicable. Choose Trust Center from the Tools drop down list. Click
on Automatic Download in the left...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 30th 08, 02:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Charles W Davis
Outlook 2007 adding contacts issue

lori,

Go to your contacts page and type CTRL + N. The new contact page will open.
Or on your contacts page, click New on the button that appears just below
the File menu item.
Or on your contacts...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 30th 08, 02:41 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By Charles W Davis
Outlook 2007 email graphics missing

Neil,

The graphic in your e-newsletter must be linked to the image which must
reside on a web server.

It would be much easier for all of your recipients, if you would create a
pdf. Many e-mail...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 20th 08, 10:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Charles W Davis
Thinking of Outlook Express to MS Outlook

And furthermore, in Outlook you can have the replies in the same folder
rather than the Sent Items when the message you are replying to is in a
folder other than the Inbox. Keeps things neat and...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 30th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 8
Posted By Charles W Davis
Hiding e-mail address in the To: box Outlook 2003

Even if you do that, any one of the recipients can Reply and then see them.
As Milly said, the Bcc route is the way to go.
"Sandy" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 30th 08, 11:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Charles W Davis
Automatically Delete Messages

I have a feeling that what you say you want isn't.

You should only have one computer that download the messages AND deletes
them from the server - your main computer.

Then set up the lap top to...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 11th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 6
Posted By Charles W Davis
Where did my pst file go?

Mark,
Try searching using the wildcard, i.e., *.pst
"Mark" wrote in message
yes. not finding .psts anywhere...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 11th 08, 02:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By Charles W Davis
Outlook 2007 email template

Milly,

Am I correct that one does not need Word with a standalone version of
Outlook 2007?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" What@ever wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 9th 08, 08:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By Charles W Davis
Outlook 2007 email template

I'm of the opinion that Outlook 2007 does not use Word. It has it's own
minimal formatting program.
wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 6th 08, 03:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 0
Posted By Charles W Davis
How do I save my inbox/sent messages on my external harddrive?

Relocate your OUTLOOK.PST to a folder in (My) Documents and chose that in
your scheduled backup.
"robkim" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 6th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Charles W Davis
Picture File in Email Body Outlook 2002

Robert,

Is the picture actualy on your web site? It must be. The picture properties
must contain the link to the image on the web site.t
"Robert Ruland" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 25th 08, 01:41 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Charles W Davis
How do I select duplex printing using my new Dell 968w in Outlook

The duplex option: Dell 968w Duplexer [add $79]
"math horizons" math wrote in message
How do I use...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 25th 08, 01:37 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Charles W Davis
email says 'service unavailable'

Did you pay the Internet Service Provider?
"me" wrote in message
what does that mean
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 31st 08, 12:42 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By Charles W Davis
Groping contacts

They are called Distribution Lists. They work fine on Outlook 2007. (As well
as in previous versions, that is)
"Diane Poremsky" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 22nd 08, 05:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Charles W Davis

Rest assured, your ISP may be the one that is balking. Most have a 5MB
limit.
"RosaleeH" wrote in message
Thanks,...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries December 27th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 8
Posted By Charles W Davis
OUTLOOK 2003 CONNECTION

You have it down. You could eliminate the click Send/Receive. Go to Tools
Options click on Mail Setup. Under Send/Receive place a check in front of
Send immediately when connected.
"FALCON"...