Search: Posts made by: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 5th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Autoarchiving to network drive

STapley wrote:
Wer have a conlict of opinions here.
One person wants to have users autoarchive to thier local drives and
copy the archive to thier network home...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 3rd 07, 07:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book

....ms... wrote:
Hi all,

I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders.
When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail
Address...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 3rd 07, 07:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Multi-User Access to Data in Outlook

Wolfman566 wrote:
In the office where I work, we manually track data that comes in via
fax and email on a hand-written log. Does anybody know how to place
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 3rd 07, 07:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Outlook XP/Outlook Express task request conundrum

Charles W Davis wrote:
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
wrote in
message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 2nd 07, 05:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Outlook XP/Outlook Express task request conundrum

Bad Bart wrote:
Hello,

Any ideas why task requests sent to machine running Outlook XP aren't
being received in the Inbox or taskpad? This particular machine also
has...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 27th 07, 03:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
How can one backup emails when outlook express has a problem ?

Steve wrote:
Hi,
Friend has outlook express that wont display emails in right hand
pane, also if you go file (top left menu), it freezes,.so unable to
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 2nd 07, 05:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.exchange2000.clients,microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Cut messages

Andrea Racca raccaNOSPAMlibero.it wrote:
Scenario: Outlook 2000 SP3, Exchange 2003 SP2.
A User receive truncated/cutted email. Another user with the same
configuration don't have this...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 25th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
email list to contact help

Blue_Beard wrote:
Hello all,
I have outlook2002 and have a list of emails that I need to put in my
contacts.

What format are they in?

How can I go about this...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 21st 07, 04:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Outlook 2003/Treo 700w

John wrote:
We use OL2003. It syncs email, contacts and
appointments to out Treo700w phones. Email
sync works great but we do have some problems
with contacts and appointments. I'll try...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 20th 07, 03:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Mail Merge to Email with Contact Cards Attached

Joe wrote:
Hi,

I am creating a mail merge to email for a large number of our
customers. To that mail merge I would like to add a number of
contact cards as...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 20th 07, 03:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
outlook automatically adds calendar appoinments as 'tentative'

wrote:
Outlook 2003 is automatically adding all appointments to my calendar
as "tentative". I would like to turn this feature off. This is not
the same feature under...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 20th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Select reciptients default folder.

Steve wrote:
In Outlook express 6 if I click "Create Mail" I get the New message
box if I then click the "To:" tab it opens the Select Recipients box.

I have a number of...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 20th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Getting emails back?

***** charles wrote:
Hi all,

I am using Outlook 2003. I had lots of different directories
and subdirectories under Inbox. I did an archive function
to a file...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 20th 07, 02:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
more then 20 mailboxes

jd.sunshine77 wrote:

Which component of Outlook seems to cause the problem (Calendar,
Inbox, Deleted Items, etc.)?
more then 20 Mailboxes

Do you mean Exchange...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 20th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Forwarderd mail, who was it send to originally?

wrote:

snipped for length

Why doesn't he just give you access to his inbox, as a delegate?
Then you can see everything directly....and you can use search
folders,...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 20th 07, 01:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 10
Auto Capitalize

crhras wrote:
Good point, but I would say use the shift key in that situation.

:-D

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 19th 07, 01:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Exchange + IMAP = pain

Glate wrote:
I have an Exchange Server configured. We are using RPC over HTTPS, so
all of our users are able to send mail from anywhere without messing
with VPNs and SMTP...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 18th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 6
Moving PST Messages to exchange Inbox

wrote:
One more thing to consider is the following...

Mail is still being popped into our ISP. MX still hasn't been
transferred to Exchange Server.

Why wait?

If users...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 18th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 6
Moving PST Messages to exchange Inbox

wrote:
Hi Lanwench.
Thanks for your reply.
Seems to work, but here's the kicker...
Because of the space limitation on our Exchange Server and LAN
infrastructure...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 18th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 10
Auto Capitalize

crhras wrote:

snip

Seems
much more logical to me for Outlook to look for sentence-ending
punctuation and a following space rather than a newline.

What if you were...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 17th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Forwarderd mail, who was it send to originally?

wrote:
On 7 apr, 20:11, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
wrote:
wrote:
Hi,

Themailis...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 17th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 10
Auto Capitalize

crhras wrote:
If I am typing a new message and hit return instead of letting the
line overflow Outlook capitalizes the first letter on the next line. How
do I stop...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 17th 07, 04:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Email Recovert

ansrk wrote:
Is there anyway to recover my Microsoft Outlook Emails. I forgot to
backup to a PST file. I have formated my hard drive and when i
reinstall the...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 16th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 6
Moving PST Messages to exchange Inbox

wrote:
Hi,
I currently have Exchange 2003 implemented.
Users are still using POP account to access email, and they are all
set up with an Exchange Mailbox that is using...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 11th 07, 01:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Version 2007, is it worth the upgrade ?

Talal Itani wrote:
Dear Friends,

I want to learn and use Outlook. My PC has version 2003 already
installed, but version 2007 is out. I do not know if I gain by