Search: Posts made by: Nick
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts October 27th 09, 12:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 12
Posted By Nick
Sharing Contacts between Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003

I appreciate all of this help. The Sharepoint Linked folder appears in
Outlook but it seems to be read only as I am unable to copy contacts into it.
I can only view what I have added to the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts October 26th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 12
Posted By Nick
Sharing Contacts between Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003

Dian, I am using WSS 2.0 with Outlook 2007. It is impossible to import
contacts. You can link the folder but not import. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919551

Any other ideas?

And when...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts October 24th 09, 05:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 12
Posted By Nick
Sharing Contacts between Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003

Thanks for your quick response. That's an amazing shortcoming.

So, if I create a new root Contacts folder with a different name, how do I
"mark" it as my main Outlook Address Book. I guess it...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts October 24th 09, 02:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 12
Posted By Nick
Sharing Contacts between Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003

Our company uses Exchange and a mixed group of Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
users.

How can I share a Contacts folder that is not my main Contacts folder?

If I create a subfolder and send a Share...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 2nd 09, 02:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Nick
Calendar Filter on the Notes field is character limited?

Hello,

I have Outlook 2007 and I am trying to automatically filter events in my
calendar using the AUtomatic formatting feature. I am subscribed to several
work calendars that have rather lengthy...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 2nd 09, 08:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Nick
Error using E-mail encryption

The key is intact and I re-exchanged it but it still errors

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

"Nick" wrote in message
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 2nd 09, 06:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Nick
Error using E-mail encryption

I have had our lead IT guy look for and fix the problems if they were present
but the error still shows up when we try to open encrypted emails.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

"Nick"...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 2nd 09, 03:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Nick
Error using E-mail encryption

I have installed an encryption certificate on two computers and have them
trusting eachothers certificates, but on one of the computers it can send
encrypted emails but when I try to open an...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring May 20th 09, 07:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Nick
Outlook 2007 and Sharepoint

We just started using Sharepoint WSS 3.0 and are uploading our contacts,
calenders and other items from Outlook 2007 into Sharepoint. What we want to
do however is have it set up so that when we...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring May 14th 09, 06:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Nick
calendar reminder alerts

How do you setup reminder alerts for added mailboxes in outlook calendar.
When I am in outlook calendar, I can setup reminder alerts on my own
calendar. But when I try to setup alerts on added...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring May 10th 09, 04:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Nick
how to setup a reminder alert on added mailboxes

Under my microsoft calendar, i have calendar(my own personal calendar) and
calendar in mailbox Operations, which is an added mailbox. When I setup a
reminder alert on my own calendar for a task it...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts April 22nd 09, 06:00 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By Nick
Journal timeline, need to see shorter names?

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 with WIndows Vista. In Journal, with a
timeline view, I see full file names of, for instance, a Word document. They
are shortened because the full path name is...
Forum: Outlook Express February 25th 09, 03:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Nick
Query on Version

Thanks - the server is Win2K SP4.

Can you confirm if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/951066
should apply to this server if it has this msoe.dll 5.50.4927.1200 ?

Thanks

Nick

"PA Bear...
Forum: Outlook Express February 24th 09, 03:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Nick
Query on Version

Our version for msoe.dll is 5.50.4927.1200 (modified date 19/06/2003).

Please can someone confirm which version of Outlook Express this relates to.

Thanks
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 9th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 7
Posted By Nick
how do i change the default view of the calendar to monthly fo

Really? I could have sworn that I left it in Monthly when I shut down and it
came up as weekly when I opend it this morning.

I'll check it again, thank you for the help!

"Gordon" wrote:

Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 9th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 7
Posted By Nick
how do i change the default view of the calendar to monthly fo

Sorry about that. My question is how do i change the default view of the
calendar to 'monthly' for Office 2007?

"Gordon" wrote:

"Nick" wrote in message
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 9th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 7
Posted By Nick
"time font" in the outlook 2007 calendar

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I take you response to mean that the function
no longer works in outlook 2007? Being able to change the time scale would
be great to allow us here at work to get an...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 15th 08, 01:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By Nick
"time font" in the outlook 2007 calendar

I right click the outlook calendar and select other settings. I then see the
choices for fonts. What is "time font". I have changed it from the minimum
to the maximum and do not see any change...
Forum: Outlook - Installation May 29th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 0
Posted By Nick
Error while trying to configure Outlook 2003

All,

I am trying to setup outlook 2003 under a new user's profile. When I enter
the exchange server and mailbox name I get an error that reads;

"The name could not be resolved. The name could not...
Forum: Outlook - Installation April 30th 08, 04:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By Nick
Exchange over the Internet

XP sp2

Office 03 sp3

thanks
Nick

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

what os is outlook installed on? is it fully updated?
Forum: Outlook - Installation April 29th 08, 09:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By Nick
Exchange over the Internet

Thanks Hal.

Everything is setup correctly on the exchange side, its just that this
particular Outlook client has the exchange prozy setting grayed out.

I know there is a key I can change in the...
Forum: Outlook - Installation April 29th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By Nick
Exchange over the Internet

Im trying to configure RPC over HTTP but the fields are grayed out.

I recall there is a registry hack to enable this feature, but am having
trouble find it.

I am running Outlook 2003 and Exchange...
Forum: Outlook - Installation April 7th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 0
Posted By Nick
Outlook ReInstall

I had to reinstall all of office on a computer at work, when putting in a new
motherboard since I had to repair windows. Now when I am logged on and try to
open up outlook to set up the users name...