Search: Posts made by: XRaySpeX
Forum: Outlook Express February 9th 07, 02:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Replies: 9
Posted By XRaySpeX
how to set messages as read

Forget my reply; I was talking about POP3 not IMAP.

Most users here are talking about POP3 unless they state otherwise.

"XRaySpeX" wrote:

Do what Bruce says AND
DON'T Leave a copy of msgs on...
Forum: Outlook Express February 9th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Replies: 9
Posted By XRaySpeX
how to set messages as read

Do what Bruce says AND
DON'T Leave a copy of msgs on server on any PC

if you don't want to go round each PC Marking them as Read.

"Sachi Noma" wrote:

I use Win XP Home Edition and OE 6

I...
Forum: Outlook Express January 31st 07, 12:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Replies: 7
Posted By XRaySpeX
MSn Pop3 Update Revised

I meant the bit about the equality of the Email Address field and the Account
Name field.

However I specifically was talking about POP3 mail servers in general, as
that is the subject of this...
Forum: Outlook Express January 31st 07, 12:07 AM Posted to microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Replies: 7
Posted By XRaySpeX
MSn Pop3 Update Revised

N.B. Don't necessarily extrapolate this for mail servers other than MSN.com

"PA Bear" wrote:

Forwarding winston's reply to Sportsluvr's thread in MSN Discussion to OE
General and OE6...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 11th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Replies: 9
Posted By XRaySpeX
HELP: Outlook (Express) doesn't use existing mailboxes.. BUG

Altho it will depend on whether the account being accessed is POP3 or IMAP;
the OP didn't say.

If IMAP the msgs are held on the server anyway.

If POP3 set to keep a copy of msgs on server, then...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 11th 07, 05:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Replies: 9
Posted By XRaySpeX
HELP: Outlook (Express) doesn't use existing mailboxes.. BUG

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

Then again, I have to wonder why the OP is using both apps... Perhaps we'd
best keep this joined until we figure that one out, s.

To Andrew Wan... Is it true that...
Forum: Outlook Express December 27th 06, 11:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By XRaySpeX
Hotmail to Outlook

Ca va; users may choose what suits them!
You must be a sadist to want to force me to give up my free will.
Also, why you want to introduce personal insults into a technical discussion
beats me.
In...
Forum: Outlook Express December 26th 06, 04:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By XRaySpeX
Hotmail to Outlook

Thank you, Bruce. I was just curious whether Robear was referring to
something other than MIME headers.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:
You are using the clunky Web Interface to post so we have no idea what...
Forum: Outlook Express December 26th 06, 03:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By XRaySpeX
Hotmail to Outlook

What headers? Is this NG somehow snooping my PC?
"PA Bear" wrote:
OT: Your headers tell us that the machine is running outdated and much less
secure versions of OE, IE, and Windows XP.
Forum: Outlook Express December 26th 06, 03:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By XRaySpeX
Hotmail to Outlook

Or you have a free "grandfathered" Hotmail account, i.e. one old enough
(can't remember when) for M/S to have allowed OE access to it.

"Alias" wrote:
Unless you paid for a premium Hotmail, you...
Forum: Outlook Express December 25th 06, 07:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By XRaySpeX
Email Message TO

"AAH" wrote:
And also by deleting my Primary email address from
oe6 and using the secondary something
like ???? AT btopenworld.com, will it
improve the siruation?

No. It's not determined...
Forum: Outlook Express December 25th 06, 07:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By XRaySpeX
OE Crashed

Or is this message stuck in the Inbox, still being downloaded from your server?

If so, it is probably a corrupt email that has got as far as the server.
In this case you will need to connect direct...
Forum: Outlook Express December 19th 06, 03:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 65
Posted By XRaySpeX
OE6.0 compact question

You trying to say something, Mary?

"Mary Roberson" wrote:
"PA Bear" wrote in message
Forum: Outlook Express December 17th 06, 11:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 65
Posted By XRaySpeX
OE6.0 compact question

I totally agree with you, Doug; it's pure stupidity! It's a complete
unexpected change of functionality. The whole purpose of Compaction is to
save space; instead M/Soft has done the contradictory...