Search: Posts made by: Rich/rerat
Forum: Outlook - Installation March 5th 10, 09:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By Rich/rerat
problems with Yahoo email & sbcglobal internet service

Brian,
There is a third alternative for at least , but may also apply
to . In MS Outlook & MS Outlook Express if you change the web
content of your Yahoo page to "Yahoo...
Forum: Outlook Express November 29th 09, 07:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 26
Posted By Rich/rerat
OE6 downloads duplicate AOL messages

N.Miller,
Actually AOL/AIM Mail can be access through POP3, and has been for a few
years now.

See the following webpage for the settings, need to click on link for SMTP &
IMAP settings for...
Forum: Outlook Express November 29th 09, 07:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 26
Posted By Rich/rerat
OE6 downloads duplicate AOL messages

N.Miller,
Actually AOL/AIM Mail can be access through POP3, and has been for a few
years now.

See the following webpage for the settings, need to click on link for SMTP &
IMAP settings for...
Forum: Outlook - Installation November 13th 09, 08:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Rich/rerat
My outlook e mail is being forwarded & I want to stop this ?

Chicken Farmer 01,
1. Go to the Email acct's web site, see if there is a rule or setting there
that automatically forwards the messages and turn it off.
2. In Outlook, check any rules that you have...
Forum: Outlook Express October 30th 09, 04:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 20
Posted By Rich/rerat
Time Stamp problem on Incoming and Outgoing emails

Brad,
Remember this weekend is the end of Daylights Savings Time, so some ISP/Mail
server may have jump the gun, and made the changes to their system already.

--
Add MS to your News Reader:...
Forum: Outlook Express October 30th 09, 04:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 20
Posted By Rich/rerat
Time Stamp problem on Incoming and Outgoing emails

Brad,
Remember this weekend is the end of Daylights Savings Time, so some ISP/Mail
server may have jump the gun, and made the changes to their system already.

--
Add MS to your News Reader:...
Forum: Outlook - Installation June 1st 09, 12:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By Rich/rerat
I re-installed outlook 2003 and need to recover old e-mails etc.

JJ,
1. Create a folder on your PC, such as in My Documents, or anywhere else
that is easy to remember, and label it something like Old PST files.
2. Do a search a search of your PC, for *.PST files....
Forum: Outlook - Installation May 22nd 09, 10:18 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 9
Posted By Rich/rerat
Outlook 07 Connector not working

Emile,
Control Panel Add/Remove Programs Select Microsoft Office Outlook
Connector Remove OK

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 12th 09, 08:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich/rerat
Exporting address book in Office 2003

Brian Tillman,
I do acknowledge your expertise with this program, but what I have stated
also is a valid process, based upon numerous successes I have had using this
method personally.

My reply to...
Forum: Outlook Express May 12th 09, 03:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 30
Posted By Rich/rerat
Is it possible for OE to lose messages I sent

Jack B,
On your Sent Messages problem. Were these messages sent from an IMAP
account? If they were then there is possibly a setting you need to check the
web mail interface for that acct. There may...
Forum: Outlook Express May 12th 09, 03:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 30
Posted By Rich/rerat
Is it possible for OE to lose messages I sent

Jack B,
On your Sent Messages problem. Were these messages sent from an IMAP
account? If they were then there is possibly a setting you need to check the
web mail interface for that acct. There may...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 10th 09, 06:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 0
Posted By Rich/rerat
copy email contacts to disc

jack,
You can use the method for transferring a copy of your Mail Profile Data
(*.PST) file to another PC, and opening the file in MS Outlook, on the 2nd
PC, or Mail Profile. Then copy the contact...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 9th 09, 01:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich/rerat
Exporting address book in Office 2003

johnnie2130,
You can create a Comma Separated Value (*.CSV) file, for each contact
folder, in each mail profile you have in MS Outlook on the PC. Which can be
imported into several mail programs...
Forum: Outlook - Installation April 7th 09, 04:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By Rich/rerat
Too Many Installations

Warrior,
Are you sure that these Dell OEM installation disks for Office'07 are not for
the trial version? I know that my Dimension E521 came with the installation
Disks for the trial version of MS...
Forum: Outlook - Installation April 6th 09, 12:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Rich/rerat
Receive email from one account to 2 different outlooks

pathummer,
You will need to set both mail applications, for this account to "Leave Messages
on Server".

1. In OE TOOLS Accounts Mail Accounts tab Select Comcast acct Properties
button.
On the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts April 5th 09, 12:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 2
Posted By Rich/rerat
how do I respond to emails notifying the sender i'm on vacation

Vin
If you are not connected to MS Exchange, I would go to your ISP's webmail
interface and check if there is a "vacation" or "out of office" selection there.
Just remember when you come back, you...
Forum: Outlook Express April 4th 09, 02:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Rich/rerat
Cannot delete email from 1 account

Patrick,
In addition to what Tompang suggested. I would also check your Deleted Items
folder, if there are any messages that you want to keep, move them also into the
Inbox Copy folder you...
Forum: Outlook Express April 4th 09, 02:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Rich/rerat
Cannot delete email from 1 account

Patrick,
In addition to what Tompang suggested. I would also check your Deleted Items
folder, if there are any messages that you want to keep, move them also into the
Inbox Copy folder you...
Forum: Outlook - Installation March 22nd 09, 02:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By Rich/rerat
Why does my automatic send/receive I have set up not working?

Lynn,
The setting to Send/Receive at 5 minutes may cause your mail servers a problem,
you should increase that setting to at least 10 minutes.

--
Add MS to your News Reader:...
Forum: Outlook Express March 18th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

ANONYMOUS,
Actually you do not have to get a UK acct. Plus it might be a problem, since
their will be individuals that will block messages that does not use the US
designator, such as, *.com,...
Forum: Outlook Express March 18th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 20
Posted By Rich/rerat
Yahoo Server Info

ANONYMOUS,
Actually you do not have to get a UK acct. Plus it might be a problem, since
their will be individuals that will block messages that does not use the US
designator, such as, *.com,...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts March 10th 09, 12:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Posted By Rich/rerat
print phone directory with email address (outlook 2003)

Rick,
You can do a Category/Directory Mail Merge.
From Outlook 2003:
1. Open your Contact folder in Outlook
2. Select the View for the Contact folder to Show "Detailed Address Cards".
3. On the...
Forum: Outlook Express February 18th 09, 03:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich/rerat
Sending Mail Problem

Noel S Pamfree,
In addition to what Bruce has advised, you may also tell your friend, that they
should increase the "time out" setting for that account, on the Advance tab, for
the account's...
Forum: Outlook Express February 16th 09, 07:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Rich/rerat
Where address file is kept

FurlessWookie,
The address book for Outlook Express has the *.WAB extension. Also the file is
usually hidden, so you will need to do the following.
1. Select My Documents Folder Options View...
Forum: Outlook Express February 10th 09, 03:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Rich/rerat
OUTLOOK EXPRESS FOR MAIN EMAILING

l&c,
Remove the email accts and their settings, from MS OUTLOOK.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save...