Search: Posts made by: Deb
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring March 18th 10, 06:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By Deb
Show Time As...

at least I hope we are going to get the option to change the default "show as"

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Unfortunately, its not going to happen for awhile - outlook 2010 has the
same show...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring January 23rd 10, 08:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Deb
Can I email my Outlook calendar as an attachment to another us

What should I rename the extension to....?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Yes, you can either use a Word Template available at slipstick.com or you
can export it to a .pst file and...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 25th 09, 10:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Deb
Outlook 2003 - Can Calendar Month View Begin w/Sunday?

Worked like a charm!!! Thanks Diane!!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Right click on the month grid and choose other settings - disable compressed
weekends. If you are not using compressed...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 23rd 09, 07:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Deb
Outlook 2003 - Can Calendar Month View Begin w/Sunday?

Is there a way to change the 31/Month View so that the Weeks begin with
Saturday/Sunday? Tools/Options/Preferences/calendar Options only changes the
5 and 7 Day View!

Can you create a Personal...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 15th 09, 01:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 60
Posted By Deb
How to give someone permission to 'add' to the shared calender?

I knew how to do this in 2003 but I can't figure out how to do it in 2007. I
need my people to be able to schedule appointments on my calendar and to be
able to change their own appointments if...
Forum: Outlook - Installation June 5th 09, 04:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Deb
signatures dont appear when sending message

I just encountered this problem. Thank goodness I found your thread and
solved it!

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

You must assign a signature to all accounts, including the default. It can...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring June 4th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Deb
New appointments default to recurring event

You're my hero! I've been dealing with Dell all day long on other
issues...and now this! And of course you knew the answer and they didn't!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Are you using a...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring June 3rd 09, 11:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Deb
New appointments default to recurring event

I'm baffled. Not a new user, by any means, so this problem must be a bug. I
have Outlook 2007 (w/SP2) and keeps defaulting all of my appointments to
RECURRING when I invite others to attend. And...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring January 7th 09, 02:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By Deb
Need option to change monthly view to NOT include name of the

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Is this is retail copy of Office 2007? If so, open a support incident about
it - that is the best way to get their attention on things like this.
See...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 25th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Deb
Need option to change monthly view to NOT include name of the

Right...got that message from you earlier; that's why I changed my question
to a suggestion.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

It's not possible to remove the organizers name in Outlook 2007.

Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 25th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Deb
Need option to change monthly view to NOT include name of the orga

Whenever I schedule an appointment and invite multiple people, Outlook
displays the time and subject of the appointment along with my name. How do
I change the month view to only show the time and...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 25th 08, 01:50 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Deb
How change monthly view to NOT include my name?

Whenever I schedule an appointment and invite multiple people, Outlook
displays the time and subject of the appointment along with my name. How do
I change the month view to only show the time and...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 6th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Deb
How do I set Meeting Requests on Private automatically?

sending the request, need them automatically marked private

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Are they sending the request or accepting it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:...
Replies: 4
Posted By Deb
How do I set Meeting Requests on Private automatically?

I am researching a way to make all meeting requests be set to private
automatically in Outlook 2003 for executives calendars so that when someone
clicks on the scheduling tab they are not able to...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts November 27th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By Deb
Import issue - missing contact group

I am attempting to restore my Outlook backup via the Import function in
Outlook 2007. I exported my PST file to create a backup and then reformatted
my computer as I needed to. I reinstalled...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 16th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 15
Posted By Deb
appointments missing, but the reminder remains

I gave up on this... and restored from a tape backup... from the previous
week... I couldn't wait any longer for a solution... Good Luck to anyone that
has a similar problem...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 12th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 15
Posted By Deb
appointments missing, but the reminder remains

We are using 2007, and this is not a Group calendar.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Is this a group calendar you are using? If yes, what version of Outlook and how are you...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 12th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 15
Posted By Deb
appointments missing, but the reminder remains

Sorry Jocelyn,

I'm not sure what you are asking... The items are not in the deleted items
folder (which they shouldn't be, because they haven't been deleted). They do
not reside in the calendar....
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 11th 07, 08:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 15
Posted By Deb
appointments missing, but the reminder remains

Auto Archive is not set... we use the calendar function to keep track of
calls to be made daily. There are huge empty spots that should have
information relating to the calls to be made each day. ...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 10th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 15
Posted By Deb
appointments missing, but the reminder remains

No.. I don't have any filters set.

"Jocelyn Fiorello" wrote:

What view do you have set on your calendar? Is it filtering items out?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello

*** Messages sent to my...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 9th 07, 10:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 15
Posted By Deb
appointments missing, but the reminder remains

Appointments have randomly gone missing from Outlook 2007, however the
reminders have remained. I'm assuming the appointments still exist
somewhere, but can't bring them back. I've also lost...
Forum: Outlook Express October 26th 07, 02:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Deb
cannot export outlook express messages

I want to do this to move contacts to other computer. I read on here that
outlook had to be installed for it to work so I setup outlook then went into
express and was able to export but all my...
Forum: Outlook Express October 26th 07, 12:35 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Deb
cannot export outlook express messages

When trying to export from outlook express - get this error:
"The export cannot be performed, an error occurred while initializing mapi.
I can import fine.