Search: Posts made by: Bob
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 28th 06, 04:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
VBAProject_OTM disappeared after over 1000 rule tests in Outlook 2003

Thank you once again.

I'll be quiet for awhile and do some research.

Bob
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
No, you need to use Outlook events, not rules. If your goal is to process incoming...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 28th 06, 03:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
VBAProject_OTM disappeared after over 1000 rule tests in Outlook 2003

Thanks again for your help. I'm looking at Visual Basic 6.0 now.

What's not clear is how do I use the Add in. Do I still need to use a
rule to trigger the Com Add In to run?

Thanks,

Bob
Sue...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 28th 06, 03:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
VBAProject_OTM disappeared after over 1000 rule tests in Outlook 2003

Thank you for your quick response.

Do you have any suggestions for refrences on how to write and
distribute a com add in?
Thanks,

Bob
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
What could cause this to...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 28th 06, 02:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
VBAProject_OTM disappeared after over 1000 rule tests in Outlook 2003

I had a rule that used a script. The code executed parsed text from
incoming emails (sales leads), and using DAO, wrote the parsed text to
an access 2003 database.

During individual testing the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 15th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
build a string from HTML to modify template

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Regards,

Bob
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
You don't need to know any HTML for that task. Create an .oft file with placeholder text where you want the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 13th 06, 02:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
build a string from HTML to modify template

I need to be able to automatically send a HTML template in response to
a rule in Outlook 2003.

It seems that for me to do this I need to be able to make a string from
an existing HTML...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 7th 06, 05:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
Template questions please!

I want to use a word to make a email template for use in a rule as a
autoresponse.

Can I pass a string value into the word template when my rule runs the
script? I'm parseing out the name from the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 5th 06, 11:44 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
Help with mail forward to different users (round robin)

Michael,

Thanks again for your help!
I've got the rule working, and now I'm back to the Round Robin part of
my application. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can reset the
1 value to 0 after...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 4th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
ParseTextLinePair returns empty string

Thank you so much!

The code and text parse work great now.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
There is no code statement to instantiate objItem. A "run a script" rule action procedure should use...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 4th 06, 02:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
ParseTextLinePair returns empty string

I'm trying to set up a rule in Outlook 2003 to parse text from a sales
lead using a variation of Sue Mosher's code located at
http://www.outlookcode.com/threads.aspx?forumid=2&messageid=696.

The...