Search: Posts made by: guy
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts November 22nd 09, 04:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 4
Posted By guy
How can I keep contacts on my pc but not in Hotmail?

Brian - thanks, seems to work fine. One further question, if I may (I don't
think this is related, if it isn't I'll gladly post in the correct discussion
group): I have two sets of Outlook mail...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts November 8th 09, 08:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 4
Posted By guy
How can I keep contacts on my pc but not in Hotmail?

More info... In Tools...Address Book, I select 'Outlook Address Book'.
There are no entries here, so I select File...New Entry, I select 'New
Contact' and 'put this entry' into 'Outlook Address...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts November 8th 09, 08:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 4
Posted By guy
How can I keep contacts on my pc but not in Hotmail?

I have a hotmail.com account and Outlook 2007 as my email client. I would
like to keep my email contacts only in Outlook, not on hotmail. In Outlook,
I'm confused by 'address book' and 'contacts'...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring January 8th 09, 01:33 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 0
Posted By guy
Meeting time in Schedule Tab differs from meeting time in Appointm

I have a user that creates new Appointments for a specific time and when
going to the Scheduling Tab to invite people, the time is different on the
grid.

She created an appointment for 1/8/09 to...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 25th 08, 04:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By guy
Private data in an appointment

Thanks Sue, works like a charm.

Your a sweetie

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Take a look at the new PropertyAccessor object in Outlook 2007. There are a number of articles in Help that...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 24th 08, 09:53 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By guy
Private data in an appointment

Oops please ignore all the lines following

Guy

(typo, from cutting/pasting from another recent outlook related posting)

"Guy" wrote:

Sorry but a relative newbie when it comes to Outlook...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 24th 08, 09:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By guy
Private data in an appointment

Sorry but a relative newbie when it comes to Outlook programming.

Currently using Office 2007. From Access I create an appointment - A
Delivery or Collection Docket - in a public Outlook folder...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring June 18th 08, 05:08 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 0
Posted By guy
Calendar Print Page Setup

Hi All,

When using the Calendar Details print style to print a range of appointments
is there anyway that I can say "keep an appointment together" on 1 page,
except where the appointment spans a...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 17th 08, 05:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By guy
Creating Outlook Appointments in Word using Access

Hi Sue,

I am using Office 2007 (thankfully) and I have managed to get it working by
using automation from MS Access to MS Word to populate the document, copying
the document to the clipboard, then...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 17th 08, 04:49 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By guy
Creating Outlook Appointments in Word using Access

Please ignore my findings above as they are incorrect.

Have managed to get it working using a copy and paste approach.

However, if there is an easier method please advise

Guy

"Guy" wrote:
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 17th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By guy
Creating Outlook Appointments in Word using Access

Hi All,

As a newbie to Outlook VBA programming and following on from an earlier
posting...

How do I populate the body of an appointment with an existing word document
that I have populated using...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 12th 08, 04:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By guy
Automation and Access to Outlook Appointments

Thanks Sue,

Working on this as we speak.

Guy

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

The bodies of appointments are always rich-text, not HTML or even plain text. If you set the Body property, the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 12th 08, 02:02 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By guy
Automation and Access to Outlook Appointments

G'day Eric,

Thank you for your response.

The appointments are stored in a public exchange calendar. I wasn't aware
that HTML was available with appointment items. I did try to set .bodyformat
to...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 11th 08, 03:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By guy
Automation and Access to Outlook Appointments

Hi All,

Sorry but a relative newbie when it comes to Outlook programming.

Currently using Office 2007. From Access I create an appointment - A
Delivery or Collection Docket - in Outlook using...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms January 17th 08, 08:16 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 1
Posted By guy
Collecting Data via Email

Hi All,

I am a complete newbie when comes to programming Outlook, developing Outlook
forms or add-ins.

However, Microsoft Access 2007 offers a new feature that allows you to
collect data via...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 20th 07, 04:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 0
Posted By guy
Connot open Outlook 2003 calendar

I am using Vista home premium. I cannot open the calendar of Outlook 2003. I
receive the following message: "unable to display the folder". Since
synchronisation with my IPA does not work because...
Forum: Outlook Express February 17th 07, 12:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 1
Posted By guy
error message 'an unknown error has occurred'

When accessing my hotmail folders via Outlook Express 6, I always get the
system hanging fire and then receive the error message' an unknown error has
occurred'. If I try again immediately I then...
Forum: Outlook Express November 18th 06, 11:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By guy
Can't send attachments with Outlook Express / Hotmail

How do I tell which DriverDesc is Ethernet?

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

There is no OE7. There never will be.

As to article 315008, did you see the note?

NOTE: If the issue continues to...
Forum: Outlook Express November 18th 06, 05:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By guy
Can't send attachments with Outlook Express / Hotmail

Further update. Firstly, I updated to IE7 and it makes no difference (is
there a version 7 of OE? I was under the impression that upgrading to IE7
would upgrade OE too). I've done some more...
Forum: Outlook Express November 17th 06, 10:31 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By guy
Can't send attachments with Outlook Express / Hotmail

Hi PA Bear, thanks for your reply.

I'm running IE6, but can migrate to IE7 if that might help. I went through
everything in your response. As per ?kbid=315008, I added the MTU registry
entry...
Forum: Outlook Express November 16th 06, 11:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By guy
Can't send attachments with Outlook Express / Hotmail

I'm running Outlook Express 6 for my Hotmail email service. I now cannot
send any attachments except fairly small ones (e.g. 25k). Anything larger
just causes the send function to spin its...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 6th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By guy
How do I display the julian day on the calendar?

How can I see the julian day on the calendar each day?
Forum: Outlook - Installation October 10th 06, 08:34 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By guy
my outlook stopped working and i haven't changed anything?

I've checked all the port settings and server settings but I can't figure out
what is different. We have comcast cable internet
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 19th 06, 09:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By guy
Meeting Request Tracking Option

When sending a meeting request to multiple users, the tracking option will
work fine as long as requestees reply with an "edit and send a response now"
or "Send a response now". If a requestee...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring June 6th 06, 03:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By guy
Outlook Calendar - Blackberry sync issue

Had the same problem. Ended up upgrading BES4.0 to SP4 and all post SP4 hot
fixes. Also re-installed the handheld software and re-activated user to
handheld. Since then, I have not received any...