Search: Posts made by: dch3
Forum: Outlook and VBA September 5th 08, 04:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By dch3
Execute code behind a form via VBA Automation

Which of course means that I misunderstood the response...

So basically add something to Item_PropertyChange() which CALLs the code.

Thanks.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

It is not possible...
Forum: Outlook and VBA September 5th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By dch3
Execute code behind a form via VBA Automation

Oh the humanity

(I'm in a bit of a mood due to an unexpcted, minor, but annoying issue
that's cropped with one of my apps.)

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

It is not possible to call a custom...
Forum: Outlook and VBA September 5th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By dch3
Execute code behind a form via VBA Automation

I have a custom form with several command buttons each with their own script.
I'm building some automation from outside of Outlook to create a new item
using the custom form. As a part of the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA September 2nd 08, 10:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 7
Posted By dch3
Reading MailItem properties outside of Outlook

There are some on the internet who believe that Redemption is actually the
precursor to Skynet....which I personally don't believe - .NET is.

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:

Forum: Outlook and VBA September 2nd 08, 04:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 5
Posted By dch3
Rules as VBA

For starters, you can programically set the folder to which a copy of the
Sent Item is saved to (as opposed to the Sent Folder).

Information on the MailItem object and the property whose name I can...
Forum: Outlook and VBA September 1st 08, 04:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 5
Posted By dch3
Rules as VBA

(Have to ask...)

Why do you need 60 rules? Are there some that are merely nice to haves -
such as automatically filing return receipts in a specific folder? Keep in
mind that if you go with VBA,...
Forum: Outlook and VBA August 28th 08, 10:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 7
Posted By dch3
Reading MailItem properties outside of Outlook

I'd go with my idea of getting the information in the same step that you're
saving the file. However, this looks...
Forum: Outlook and VBA August 28th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 7
Posted By dch3
Reading MailItem properties outside of Outlook

Ya' didn't say that. Why not just use an Outlook Public Folder for the
messages?

But wait...a hot babe just walked by and inspired me...

Why not setup custom code the ThisOutlookSession whereby a...
Forum: Outlook and VBA August 28th 08, 09:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By dch3
Modifying the To, CC and BCC fields

As I seem to recall if you're sending to more than one receipient, you have
to use the receiptent(sp) collection and then set to the .To to the
collection.

See this...
Forum: Outlook and VBA August 28th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 7
Posted By dch3
Reading MailItem properties outside of Outlook

The code below is a sample to get you started. It retreives all items with a
specific value in a custom property and deletes it. I've added comments where
you'll start your own snooping...

Private...
Forum: Outlook and VBA August 28th 08, 08:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 0
Posted By dch3
Programmically Attach a File from a Sharepoint Site

Is it possible (and if so how) to attach a file located on a sharepoint site
to an item using code?
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms July 9th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By dch3
Outlook 2007 Forms - Rollout Issues/Pitfalls

So where can I get a good explanation with images of Form Regions? The
initial information that I read made it sound as if they were replacing
Custom Forms. I haven't personally up/g to 2007 and my...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms July 9th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By dch3
Outlook 2007 Forms - Rollout Issues/Pitfalls

So most likely the 2003 form will work in 2007 apart from just the minor
nuances with moving up a version?

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

In general, a form designed for one version of...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms July 9th 08, 06:56 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By dch3
Outlook 2007 Forms - Rollout Issues/Pitfalls

OK - Let me ask a bigger question - Will a form designed in Outlook 2003 work
with Outlook 2007? and the next - Is it correct that in Outlook 2007 there
are two different things - Customized Forms...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms July 9th 08, 06:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By dch3
Outlook 2007 Forms - Rollout Issues/Pitfalls

What sort of issues should I be aware of when rolling out Custom Outlook 2007
Forms in an environment where some users are on 2003 and other are on 2007?
I'm assuming that the forms *WONT* work...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 3rd 08, 05:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By dch3
VBA Save Outlook Meetings to Access

I would approach this from the Access side of the equation as Access can
generate Outlook items via code, including Meeting requests and what not.
Roughly, you would set up a new Training class in...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms December 19th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 3
Posted By dch3
Custom Outlook Form - Item_Reply event does not fire

No. I checked it because I was under the impression that it had to be in
order for the custom fields and code to be sent. (I think I love Microsoft as
much as I love the IRS)

"Sue Mosher...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms December 18th 07, 08:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 3
Posted By dch3
Custom Outlook Form - Item_Reply event does not fire

I'm thinking that the issue is that the form is ending up as a one-off, but
I'm not certain.

I have a form that has code in the Item_Reply event that takes values in
several custom fields and...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 3rd 07, 09:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By dch3
Determine the user mailbox for a specific folder

So I could adapt the function below to get the name then? - Stoping when I
get to 'MAPI' as the parent.

Public Function getFullFolderPath()
'Build the full path to the folder using the .parent...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 3rd 07, 08:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By dch3
Determine the user mailbox for a specific folder

When the .pickfolder method of a namespace object is used to select a folder,
is there a way to determine the mailbox or store in which the folder exists?
For example, if the user has access to...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 16th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 12
Posted By dch3
Setting/Retreiving a Cooking form a Folder Home Page

And I had just solved a problem that I was having. Crap.

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

IFrames are out. Take a look at the 2 articles starting at
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 16th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 12
Posted By dch3
Setting/Retreiving a Cooking form a Folder Home Page

Do you have a URL? I looked, but wasn't able to find anything. I'm assuming
also that the inablity of iframe to display items in a folder in the file
system is related to the same issue? When src...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 14th 07, 12:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By dch3
Function to return the full path to an Outlook Folder

Probably because I'm not familar with that. Also, isn't it only available in
Outlook 2007? The bigger picture is to get the full folder path after a user
selects any folder.

"Dmitry Streblechenko"...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 14th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By dch3
Function to return the full path to an Outlook Folder

I came up with this function to return the full path to any particular
folder. I can't see any issues with it, however - please feel free to break
it, if it can be. (Yeah so I didn't declare the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 14th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 12
Posted By dch3
Setting/Retreiving a Cooking form a Folder Home Page

So using Windows Scripting are there any cavets or pitfalls to look out for
with writting to the registyry?

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Well, from VBScript you'd end up using Windows...