Search: Posts made by: Rob
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 21st 07, 09:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob
backup emails/settings

Oh I see now. Thanks.
"Gordon" wrote in message
"Rob" wrote in message
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 21st 07, 09:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob
backup emails/settings

I have xp (2002) and I didn't see save my settings in any of the menus. I
even searched and all that came up was saving rules.

Depends what version of Office you have......post Office 2000 and...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 21st 07, 06:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob
backup emails/settings

If I want to backup all my messages and everything... ie if I was going to
reformat or something

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook

All I need to do...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 19th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob
How to enable com addin

Thanks, that did it.

"Peter Durkee" wrote in message
Try going to Help About, and click the Disabled Items button.

Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 16th 07, 06:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob
How to enable com addin

I am trying to enable the google desktop addin again. I had disabled it a
week ago because outlook said it was causing it to crash but I think a
service pack was supposed to have fixed it. However,...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 16th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob
default view changed to calendar from inbox

Thanks, I must have accidentally scroll wheeled that option when I was on
that screen the other day.

"Gordon" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 15th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob
default view changed to calendar from inbox

I'm not sure what I did but all when I open outlook it defaults to the
calendar instead of inbox now. How do I change it back?
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 5th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob
"stop processing more rules" why?

I guess I misunderstood the function. I thought it applied to all rules not
just the one because it seemed like a couple of rules don't work sometimes.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 28th 07, 04:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob
"stop processing more rules" why?

I made a rule to permanently delete a message based on the subject but I
cannot uncheck the option to stop processing more rules? Everytime I do it
auto checks itself again. Can I disable that?
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 8th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 0
Posted By Rob
Journal Entry doesn't show up under activities

I had a contact opened up and clicked filenewjournal entry and
saved/closed it. When I go back to that contact and click on activities tab
and journal drop down it doesn't show anything. The only...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 1st 07, 11:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob
does outlook 2007 use XML for contacts and messages?

Okay, so in that case what's the best way to completely backup outlook,
contacts and all messages including special folders and archive etc.? Would
that be to simply copy and past archive.pst and...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 1st 07, 08:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob
does outlook 2007 use XML for contacts and messages?

I had read somewhere recently that the replacement for outlook express uses
XML for each contact record and for each individual message instead of using
wab or whatever the default format is. I was...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries October 25th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob
contact display/lookup composing email

I have a contact named karen sykes and the business name is Bacc. When I try
make a new e-mail I want to be able to just type her name when composing
emails and have it auto complete. This works on...