Search: Posts made by: Patrick Schmid [MVP]
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 12th 07, 11:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
moving pst location

Hi Tim,

Is this for IMAP?
Or do you just mean the standard PST file? That one can be moved. The
easiest way is to close Outlook fully, then move the file via Windows
Explorer. When you open...
Forum: Add-ins for Outlook July 30th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Replies: 8
Insert Ribbon buttons into QuickAccessToolbar problem

The QAT is modified a bit differently. If you look at the XML hierarchy,
it actually goes like...
Forum: Add-ins for Outlook July 30th 07, 09:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Replies: 2
Setting a default value for a RibbonX ComboBox item

Let me start off with something else: If you want to limit your users to
choices only in the list, then use a dropDown, not a comboBox. For the
dropDown, I think it is getSelectedItemID or...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 25th 07, 12:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 6
PST file on flash memory?

USB memory sticks have a finite lifespan (measured in reads & writes).
With a modern stick, you are probably not going to hit it for a long
time. I would however suggest that you have some backup...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 19th 07, 01:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 8
Outlook / OneNote

OneNote has the equivalent of post it note replacement, side notes. They
are the default action that occurs when you double-click the OneNote
tray icon.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 18th 07, 01:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 8
Outlook / OneNote

I can't think of any add-in that does this, although it would be
extremely nice to have something like this :)
Part of the problem though is that Outlook Notes are brain-dead from an
add-in...
Forum: Add-ins for Outlook May 29th 07, 05:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Replies: 4
Outlook 2007 Ribbon access from ActiveX control

Why don't you have the COM add-in handle all of the UI interaction?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update:...
Forum: Add-ins for Outlook May 25th 07, 12:30 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Replies: 4
Outlook 2007 Ribbon access from ActiveX control

You can't do this. RibbonX can only be supplied via Outlook COM Add-ins.
ActiveX controls cannot supply RibbonX.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 17th 07, 07:29 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Outlook 2007 Search Not Work

Hi Bob,

Outlook Instant Search in Vista is a hit or miss. Either it works or it
doesn't. Your best bet is to go into Control Panel, Indexing Options,
Advanced and select Rebuild. Then leave...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 17th 07, 06:10 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Outlook 2007 Search Not Work

XP or Vista?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues:...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 16th 07, 05:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 6
Two issues with Outlook 2007

If you want a better note taking experience, I suggest you take a look
at OneNote.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update:...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 16th 07, 05:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 6
Two issues with Outlook 2007

Unchecking it there should disable it. The actual section Disabled Items
is used by Outlook only for add-ins that crashed Outlook and which it
asked you to disable when it reopened after...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 16th 07, 03:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 6
Two issues with Outlook 2007

Regarding 1: After you closed Outlook, open the Task Manager and see if
it still lists the process outlook.exe. My suspicion is that it still is
there and that it actually never closes Outlook...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 16th 07, 08:39 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
outlook 2007 always wants to configure

Can you try the following please and let us know whether it works or
not:
1- Reregister MSIEXEC.
2- Uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise.
3- Take ownership and delete the HKCR\.pip registry...
Forum: Add-ins for Outlook May 14th 07, 05:32 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Replies: 4
Outlook 2003 and C# Express... Can it be done.

See
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx
The line that matters is Extensibility. As you can see, it says there
"No Add-ins", while it says for the other editions "write...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 12th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 11
IS THERE A MODERATOR HERE? WHY IS RUSS ALLOWED TO BE SO INSULTING?

Telling you to follow newsgroup etiquette (no multiposting, no caps) is
not insulting. The people who reply here have to sift through hundreds
of messages per day. It shows a lack of respect on...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 12th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Upgrade to Office 2007

It is checking, because Outlook didn't close properly. You probably have
an add-in, portable device or anti-virus scanner that hooks into Outlook
and doesn't manage to end correctly with Outlook...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 30th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 20
(2007) Excel macro blocks Outlook???

The Performance Update solved the problem tho.
LOL. I think I need new glasses. I read in your previous message that
the update did NOT resolve the problem, which is why I went speculating
as to...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 30th 07, 03:39 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 20
(2007) Excel macro blocks Outlook???

Sorry, it is "outlook /safe"

"C. Moya" wrote in message
:

The update does resolve the problem. Thank you for pointing me to it.

Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 30th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 20
(2007) Excel macro blocks Outlook???

Do you have your virus scanner integrated with Outlook or email in
general? If yes, switch that off, as it only costs performance but
doesn't add any protection.
If you disconnect the VPN and then...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 26th 07, 09:43 AM Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 20
(2007) Excel macro blocks Outlook???

Yes, I was. Note though that I am not using Exchange. I only use IMAP.

"C. Moya" wrote in message
:

Were you able to start a new...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 26th 07, 06:25 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 9
Outlook 2007 Task Form Insert Ribbon (Attach Group)

Can you post a screenshot somewhere and a link to it here?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update:...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 26th 07, 02:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 20
(2007) Excel macro blocks Outlook???

I don't have a repro here. Sure Outlook was considerably slowed down due
to Excel being a CPU hog, but it remained usable and it didn't hang.
Note that I have the performance update...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 26th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 20
(2007) Excel macro blocks Outlook???

See the link in my signature. It addresses a serious performance issues
with PSTs/OSTs that are 1 GB or bigger, but I would personally recommend
everyone to install it.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 25th 07, 10:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 20
(2007) Excel macro blocks Outlook???

Are you running the Outlook Performance Update already?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update:...