Search: Posts made by: Chris
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 28th 10, 04:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris
UserForm and ordering variables

Sue,

I figured it out. I set a flag to the variable FileNameFormat on the
userform and then use Select Case FileNameFormat back in the module to set
the filename.

Chris

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 27th 10, 10:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris
Saving Emails as Messages Problems with Access Data Collection et

OK, I discovered the problem with the access data collections. The files
name ends up being too large so I put a check in to check the length of the
file name and if it is too long, ask the user...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 27th 10, 10:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris
Saving Emails as Messages Problems with Access Data Collection et

Ok Community,

Ken helped me get 97% of the emails saved as ".msg" format outside of
Outlook. However, due to the nautre of what I am copying, I truly need 100%
saved. One of the problems I have...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 27th 10, 09:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris
Save incoming Email as .html file with name of subject line

Matt:

You might want to add either ReceivedTime(Emails) or CreationTime(Reports)

Yoru code would look like:
myItem.SaveAs "c:\mail\" & myItem.Subject & "_" & myItem.ReceivedTime &
".xml",...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 27th 10, 09:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris
UserForm and ordering variables

I need help with ordering an set of variables (strSend,strSubj,StrTime) and
keeping them in that order. I use a userform to allow the user to select one
of the ten formats and assign the order to...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 27th 10, 09:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 0
Posted By Chris
UserForm and ordering variables

Sue,

They are declared as Global Variables. The problem is that the order I use
them in to create the file name, can change. I can get the name correct once
but I need to know how to refresh...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 25th 10, 04:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris
MailItem.SaveAs not working

Ken:

Declaring it as an object worked. I am including the code below which also
includes a browser supported function in case anyone has the same problem
they can find it. Thank you for your...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 21st 10, 04:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris
MailItem.SaveAs not working

OK Ken,

It seems so close and yet so far away. I am doing the message class but
anytime it htis a delivery report or read receipt, I cannot get the message
class. I have a check to add the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 20th 10, 06:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris
Code to Save Email as an .MSG to Directory when Emails Arrive

John,

What was your error. I too am not getting anything saved to the file.

Chris

"John" wrote:

Hey Michael,
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 14th 10, 04:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris
MailItem.SaveAs not working

Ken,

The Class I was referring to is the
Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder.Items.Item(I).Class. I had a return
of 43.

I do not know how to utilize MessageClass to isolate as it seems to...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 14th 10, 01:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris
MailItem.SaveAs not working

Ken,

Is there a way to save the delivery and read receipts and meeting request
acceptances/declines?

I looked at the Class of the delivery receipt and it came up the same as a
message. There is...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 11th 10, 01:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris
MailItem.SaveAs not working

Ken,

That partially solved the problem as it was adding an additional path to the
name which had illegal characters. However, it seems to be missing items
such as read receipts, meeting requests...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 10th 10, 12:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris
MailItem.SaveAs not working

I am trying to save messages as a MSG format. I checked on the forum and
found the code but when I save, the file name is not completely written and
the file size is 0 bytes. Right now the code...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring April 15th 10, 02:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris
lost my own meeting

Not true.

1. Have someone forward the meeting request to you.
2. Open the meeting request (not just in viewing pane)
3. Go to your calendar
4. The meeting should be showing up as tenative. Open...
Forum: Add-ins for Outlook March 29th 10, 04:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris
RibbonDropDown selecteditem depending on ItemProperty.

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried putting the code in the Activate event handler, but I can see
the item selected only on the rest of the of the times when the Activate is
executed, not on the...
Forum: Add-ins for Outlook March 27th 10, 11:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris
RibbonDropDown selecteditem depending on ItemProperty.

Hi,

I have a RibbonDropDown with 10 values. This RibbonDropDown is placed inside
a Ribbon (designer). This Ribbon is set to display on Mail.Read in the
Message tab. When I open an email I need to...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts March 15th 10, 03:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris
Changing Contacts Globally

is there a global change to put 1 in front of all contact phone numbers
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring March 9th 10, 06:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris
Setting a non-standard default meeting length?

That's what I was afraid of, thank Diane.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

BTW - you can't change the time scale - you can set any start/end time
though. Type times in this format to make it...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring March 8th 10, 03:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris
Setting a non-standard default meeting length?

First, I'm aware of how to change default meeting length as done in the
following:
http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2009/10/29/change-the-default-appointment-interval-in-outlook/
That is not what I...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts January 19th 10, 03:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris
bulk/mass change to display as

Is there a way to do a mass (bulk) change to the display as field for outlook
contacts (Outlook 2007 on small biz server). The default is how I want it:

jon doe )

but not all my...
Forum: Outlook - Installation January 1st 10, 03:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 0
Posted By Chris
outlook 2007 journal timer is not working, the clock is grey

I am running Office 2007 Enterprise edition on a new laptop that has 7
installed (64bit). The timer in outlook journal does not work. I capress
start but it doesnt post an times, in addition the...
Forum: Outlook - Installation December 19th 09, 05:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris
Password

Will like to password my outlook for privacy. How do i do this. Thanks
Forum: Outlook - Installation November 6th 09, 07:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris
Office 2007/Windows 2007

I installed a clean Windows 7, and a clean Office 2007 Proffessional. Windows
Update Works, but Office Update does not work at all. I tried the MS Update
Site, am a member of the Administrators...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 27th 09, 03:14 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris
after archiving, how do i remove old items from my calendar

I have too many calendar entries. How do I remove them by date. E.G.
everything before 1/1/2009?
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 18th 09, 02:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris
Cannot copy archive

Reboot the machine and try again?
If that still doesn't work boot into safe mode and try again.