Search: Posts made by: Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 29th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Outlook conflicting with Windows Mail

If it's Windows Mail and not Windows Live Mail, you're using Vista and will
need to go to "Control Panel|Default Programs|Set your default programs" to
make the change. Set Windows Mail to be the...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 24th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Outlook sends unknown messages

Possibly undeliverable read receipts, see if these help:

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm
Delete Read Receipts using...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 23rd 08, 11:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 33
Outlook 2003 won't start

What happens if you go to 'Control Panel|Mail|Data Files' and click the
"Add" button? The error indicates you don't have a Personal Folders (.PST)
file, and the "Add" button will let you create...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 23rd 08, 11:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 3
MAPI32.DLL error message - need help getting outlook back

No, its an Outlook issue and you will need the install CD/source to correct
it. If Outlook came installed on your computer when you got it from
Gateway, they are responsible for supplying this. ...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 22nd 08, 11:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Outlook 2000 won't start up

What happens if you answer "No" instead?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
KVOA...

That file is part of Spam Blocker. The error indicates a problem with the
Spam Blocker add-in. Either Spam Blocker needs to be repaired, or the
add-in needs to be disabled.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler,...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 21st 08, 11:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation

Any chance you could post one of those System Administrator error messages
in its entirety? We need to see the details.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS...

Outlook and Outlook Web Access haven't much of anything in common other than
they both talk to an Exchange Server. Which are you using?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Senior...

1/ Yes, Outlook 2003 and WLMail co-exist nicely with each other.
2/ I don't know, someone else will have to answer that.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS...

If all else fails and you don't mind spending a little money, this utility
might do the trick:

http://www.maclean.com/upstart/
"Upstart is a utility for converting and merging Outlook® PSTs. It...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 15th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Software Distribution Service 3.0

If you have Office and/or Outlook installed, every Office/Outlook update you
receive from Windows Update (or Microsoft Update or Office Update) will
reset Outlook as the default email client. If you...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 15th 08, 11:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 6
IMAP folders not bold even when new mail arrives

Yep, works exactly the same way here with my IMAP account. I don't have a
solution for the problem, but I can confirm it's existence.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Senior Engineer/MIS...

..PST files belong to Microsoft Outlook and only Microsoft Outlook, hence it
is impossible to export a .PST from Outlook Express (Outlook Express uses
..DBX files). You can export TO a .PST, but...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 12th 08, 12:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
How do I retrieve Outllook 2003 emails after upgrade to 2007

Yes, you need to open your old Outlook Data File:

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 11th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
Replies: 11
opening wlm within Outlook

I've noticed the same thing opening WLM with the /News switch, it opens
without email accounts, but shows the default email inbox folder which you
cannot return to, if you switch to a different...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 11th 08, 07:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Outlook "Check Name" Resloves Wrong Domain

That would probably be an Active Directory/Exchange Server System Manager
issue; you might try posting this in one of the Exchange Server forums.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Senior...

http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId217454
How to Use Microsoft® Outlook® 2002 and 2003 to Read and Send AOL® or...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 9th 08, 08:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
How to move address book from Eudora to Outlook?

Look he

http://www.slipstick.com/config/convaddr.htm
Converting Addresses

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
http://www.kvoa.com --...

Post the entire error message please?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
KVOA...

May I suggest that, to avoid inevitable future problems, you uninstall AVG,
then do a custom re-install WITHOUT any email scanning services? Email
scanning is redundant, it does nothing but cause...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 7th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
How do I find the Add In Manager in Outlook 2007 to enable it?

For Outlook 2007, 'Tools|Trust Center|Add-Ins'.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix...

'Tools|Send/Receive|Send/Receive All', what happens? Do you get any error
messages?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging --...

Yes, WM5 supports IMAP and you can setup an account to check your IMAP
server when away from your desktop and syncing with Outlook. You'll need to
add account settings, you can't "import" them from...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 7th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 3
Aol emails to Outlook

Do all your settings match those listed here?

http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId217454
How to Use Microsoft® Outlook®...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 4th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Rolling out exchange configuration settings

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403051033.aspx
Whitepaper: Configuring Outlook Profiles by Using a PRF File
http://www.slipstick.com/exs/olroam.asp
Roaming Profiles and Multiple...