Search: Posts made by: Norman Litell
Forum: Outlook Express August 10th 06, 08:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 15
Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing -- 2

Gary,
see clipped email example below -- this is the actual message from Message
Source, with my own email address deleted from the TO: list.

Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing -- 2

Antioch,
1. The spam has come in both text and gif forms.
2. I am already using EarthLink's spam blocking option at the ISP email
level -- what I am trying to do here is handle the spam that get...
Forum: Outlook Express August 10th 06, 03:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 13
Posted By Norman Litell
Rules Processing of Group Addresses

Yes it is my actual address, and although I have seen admonitions on
"munging" the address and tried several times to do so, I haven't yet
succeeded in doing so. The times I have tried to do so by...
Forum: Outlook Express August 10th 06, 03:07 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 13
Posted By Norman Litell
Rules Processing of Group Addresses

Bruce,
I had already tried looking at the actual message source -- in fact, what I
put in my post was the actual "To" line clipped and pasted from the message
source display.

Norman

"Bruce Hagen"...
Forum: Outlook Express August 9th 06, 08:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 13
Posted By Norman Litell
Rules Processing of Group Addresses

I receive email mail from several organizations which use in the address
field a Group Name instead of the names of individual addressees. Looking
at the message TO: field, all one sees is a string...
Forum: Outlook Express August 9th 06, 07:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 15
Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing -- 2

Bruce,
I am afraid that what we have here is a failure to communicate. While I
appreciate your input, I fail to see the relevance of your suggestion to my
problem; so let me try once more to...
Forum: Outlook Express August 7th 06, 11:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 15
Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing -- 2

Bob,

I haven’t tried what you suggested, as it misses the basic point of my
problem.

Most of my spam contains a specific and limited set of email addresses in
either the TO: or CC: fields of the...
Forum: Outlook Express August 7th 06, 05:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 15
Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing -- 2

Sorry, but I don't understand your response. Let me try once again - for
the third time -- to clarify my situation...

1. I get lots of spam.
2. From what I can see going through each of these...
Forum: Outlook Express August 6th 06, 11:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 15
Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing -- 2

Following up on my earlier post on this subject, it appears that the Rules
processing operation may get confused when a Rule refers to people and there
is more than one name in both the Rule and the...
Forum: Outlook Express August 4th 06, 10:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 9
Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing

Still trying several things you suggested in your most recent reply (e.g.,
moving the problem rule to the top of the list), and not working yet. Some
clarifications:

I am not using Rules to delete...
Forum: Outlook Express August 4th 06, 10:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 9
Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing

Interesting point -- however, not being a spammer or fraudster, I don't know
how to disguise my real email address when using OE6 to read and post to
these newsgroups. Can you give us a hint?

"PA...
Forum: Outlook Express August 4th 06, 06:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 9
Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing

My problem is that this rule does NOT send the items to my Deleted Items
folder -- it just leaves them in my InBox.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in...
Forum: Outlook Express August 4th 06, 01:50 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 9
Posted By Norman Litell
Failure of Rules Processing

I am running OE6 under Win2000Pro, with all of the latest updates installed.

I get lots of spam emails sent to a small set of TO: or CC: addresses at
earthlink, so I have created a series of rules...