Search: Posts made by: salad
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 15th 09, 05:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By salad
Xref type property in an email header?

Dmitry Streblechenko wrote:
As I mentioned bore, the header is only present on the incoming messages, it
will nto be present on the mesages in your Sent Items folder.

Thanks for the update. ...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 14th 09, 12:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By salad
Xref type property in an email header?

Dmitry Streblechenko wrote:
No, PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS is only present on the mesgaes received
form an SMTP server.
I am not sure what did not work for you: are you trying to set a...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 13th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By salad
Xref type property in an email header?

Dmitry Streblechenko wrote:
You can read existing headers from the PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS
proeprty, accessible through MAPI/CDO 1.21/Redemption or PropertyAccessor in
OUtlook 2007.
If...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 12th 09, 12:39 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By salad
Xref type property in an email header?

When I post this message, in the header it will contain an Xref number.
It contains the newsgroup and an identifier number
microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba:69193.

Some background info first. ...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 26th 09, 02:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By salad
Automatically extract attachments?

The "imagined" scenario.

The company has a template Excel file called StufToDo.Xls they give all
their external PMs. Daily or weekly the PMs send an email. The email
body is not important, they...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 22nd 08, 02:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By salad
Why different To's?

Dmitry Streblechenko wrote:

for each Recip in obj.Recipients
MsgBox Recip.Address
next.

That did it. Thanks much.
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 20th 08, 08:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By salad
Why different To's?

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

In the To property you see the display name of a recipient. For the address
see the Recipients collection.

Thanks for the help Michael. I guess I need...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 20th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By salad
Why different To's?

For email, if I do
Set obj = objFolder.Items.Item(i)
Msgbox obj.To
I might get Joe Blow or

Is there anyway to always retrieve ? Or is there a way
to associate Joe...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 11th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By salad
Determining a Constant value?

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
You have to select each item in that enum in turn until you find the one
you're looking for in the Object Browser. FWIW, Class = 43 = olMail.

Thanks for...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 11th 08, 03:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By salad
Determining a Constant value?

One of my code lines is
If objFolder.Items(I).Class = 43 Then

How do I find the name of the constant 43?

If I go to the object browser and select Class, press F1 and read the
topic, there's an...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 11th 08, 08:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By salad
Link To Outlook Address Book Slow

DEI wrote:
Greetings,

I would like the display names in an Outlook global address list to be
available in a combo box on a form in MS Access. I have created a linked
table to the
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 6th 08, 04:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By salad
FlagStatus question

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
The OlFlagStatus enum is olNoFlag (0), olFlagComplete (1) and
olFlagMarked (2).

Process for what? Why does unread or read have anything to do with the
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 5th 08, 08:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By salad
FlagStatus question

I want to process some records and since an email may have been read or
unread, is the best way to process selected records is by using the
FlagStatus property?

Are the states of this property 0...
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 4th 08, 11:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By salad
Is there a way to get the profile name

Is there a way to determine what the profile name that is in use in an
Outlook session? If so, can you provide a small code snippet
demonstration it or tell me what method or property to use?
Forum: Outlook and VBA November 4th 08, 11:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By salad
What makes up a unique id for finding an email?

Using the Find method you can't use EntryID. Is the best way to find an
email is using the subject and create time values?
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 28th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By salad
How to display text of a hyperlink in an email body?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
And set the value of HTMLBody not Body.

Thanks TJ. I was trying so many iterations of that line I left out the
anchor.

And Sue, the HTMLBody did the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA June 28th 07, 10:10 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By salad
How to display text of a hyperlink in an email body?

I would like to put
Click Here
where a person could click on that phrase and it would open the link to
http://www.test.com

..Body = "This is test " & "href=" & Chr(34) & "http://www.test.com/" &...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 7th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By salad
Creating a menu or command button in Outlook

Eric Legault [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
It could actually be a lot easier than using the Organizer feature - the
"Move to Folder" button rememebers the last 10 folders you've moved an item
to. ...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 6th 07, 06:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By salad
Creating a menu or command button in Outlook

Eric Legault [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
It sounds like you have little programming experience, so this may be a
challenge for you. But what you want to do is fairly easy. All macros that
you...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 5th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By salad
Creating a menu or command button in Outlook

Eric Legault [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
It sounds like you have little programming experience, so this may be a
challenge for you.

Yes and no. Over 20 years programming but 0 minutes programming...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 5th 07, 01:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 6
Posted By salad
Creating a menu or command button in Outlook

I was wondering if it is possible to put a command button or menu item
in Outlook. The caption read something like "File It". Then when
someone has an email to be filed, they press the button and...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 4th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By salad
Explanation of Items count?

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

Are you sure that your view isn't set to something like unread items
only? The count of the Items collection should match what's in your
Inbox in the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 4th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By salad
Convert to text.

I noticed that as I scroll thru the messages in the Junk folder it says
"Converted message to text".

Is it possible to grab the message body save messages to files; 1 as
Text, the other as HTML? ...
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 4th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By salad
Explanation of Items count?

I have the following code.
Dim Olapp As Object
Dim Olmapi As Object
Dim Olfolder As Object

Set Olapp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application") 'get reference
Set Olmapi =...
Forum: Outlook and VBA July 29th 06, 06:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By salad
What does Resolve do?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:

Exactly. And you wouldn't want to send the message unless
Recipient.Resolve returned True.

Thank you.