Search: Posts made by: tjsmags
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts August 31st 09, 05:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 7
Posted By tjsmags
'Show names from the' show LAST name, not FIRST

When composing a new distribution list using Outlook 2003, I clicked on
'Select members' and changed the 'Show names from the' to be an 'Outlook
Address book' public folder I set up called...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts August 25th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
User-defined fields in this item vs. folder

Go through the process of adding a new Contact. You'll see there is a tab
called ALL FIELDS. Right underneath there is a SELECT FROM field that has a
drop down. This is where the fields I...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts August 21st 09, 07:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
User-defined fields in this item vs. folder

How come I still don't see the new categories I added back when I choose
'folder?' You are right, the data does appear back, but when I add a new
student/contact, none of the categories I added...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts August 20th 09, 11:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
User-defined fields in this item vs. folder

When in a contact, I added some additional fields under the All Fields tab.
I've added fields under User-defined fields in this item and also under
User-defined fields in folder (not knowing which...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring March 22nd 09, 04:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
Month view show MORE details or have 5-day view

What happened to the work week view in Outlook 2007? Normally I view our
family's calendar using MONTH view, but when there are too many items within
one week, I would switch to WORK WEEK (I think...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 23rd 08, 09:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
Printing items that are 'off' the calendar

I have 2003. I figured it out. But, I never know if I'm 'supposed to' save
files that run alongside programs (such as this) in the same folder as the
program itself? I always save things like...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 23rd 08, 07:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
Printing items that are 'off' the calendar

Since I'm an idiot, do I have to SAVE or OPEN these files? If I have to SAVE
them, what path should I put them under (i.e. MS Word)? If I just OPEN the
file, do I just start using the template...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 23rd 08, 04:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
Printing items that are 'off' the calendar

Some calendar dates have more items on them then others. If I want to print
a 'month' view of the calendar it shows 3 dots or an arrow (I forget)...how
can I alter the print settings so that the...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 19th 08, 04:44 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
Any idea why syncing w/ new iPhone 3G would wipe away and chan

Is this really a fact? The only reason I ask is because I've posted a
bizzillion emails on the Apple website and no one ever responds. Finally
today a person from Europe said he figured it to be...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 18th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
Any idea why syncing w/ new iPhone 3G would wipe away and change d

I have the new iPhone 3G. No one can figure this out.

When I sync my iPhone with MS Outlook 2003, it deletes PAST calendar items
(mostly recurring events, but also one-time events). But, it keeps...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 15th 08, 01:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By tjsmags
Error when creating meeting with others in using new public ca

Can you please explain more? Can I change the default folder? If so, how?
--
Thank you.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

The Free/Busy options should work for both personal folders and...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 15th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By tjsmags
Error when creating meeting with others in using new public calend

I set up a public school calendar for our school. I put in school events for
all the faculty to see. Now I want them to be able to arrange meetings with
each other using this calendar. In the...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring August 16th 08, 05:35 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
When using Exchange I've entered CONTACT info with birthdates

Can you please expand on that as I don't know exactly what to do...do I need
to re-enter all birthdates in a public folder I create in Calendar?
--
Thank you.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Forum: Outlook - Calandaring August 16th 08, 05:20 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
When using Exchange I've entered CONTACT info with birthdates

When entering student information in CONTACTS at our school I also use the
DETAILS tab of the contact form and enter their birthdate. It only puts
their birthdate withing MY own calendar. Is...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring March 9th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
D.S.T. causing 'clocks' to show on calendar items

Where do I find the D.S.T. patches?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

tjsmags wrote:

It seems before the time changes (daylight savings time) that 'clocks'
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring March 7th 08, 05:59 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
D.S.T. causing 'clocks' to show on calendar items

It seems before the time changes (daylight savings time) that 'clocks'
always appear for calendar items AFTER the time change, but they go back to
normal (no clocks show) once the time has...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring March 7th 08, 05:50 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
Can I add clipart (as a watermark) to a calendar date?

Can I add clipart, such as a shamrock on St. Pat's Day, on the calendar in
Outlook 2003? If so, can I make it a watermark instead of full color?

Thanks.
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring August 26th 07, 07:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
View week WITHOUT weekends compressed

Does the newer version of Outlook have this option? If not, how do I make a
request?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

No.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring August 26th 07, 06:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By tjsmags
View week WITHOUT weekends compressed

In Outlook 2003, how do I view the WEEK (not work week) without having
Sat/Sun compressed together? I want to see 7 full days...no weekends
compressed...so that the week starts with Sun, NOT...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts July 26th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By tjsmags
Sort alphabetically WITHIN categories

I'm so confused on how to sort contacts alphabetically when I choose to view
the contacts BY CATEGORY.

Once I choose to view contacts BY CATEGORY, then all the fields are across
the top (NAME,...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 18th 06, 01:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
Not compress weekends in WEEK view

I have Outlook 2003. So, I don't have that option? I'm not sure what you're
saying. Are you saying you WILL be able to view 7 days in 2007?

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

You can't...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 18th 06, 02:53 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
Not compress weekends in WEEK view

How do I stop Outlook from compressing the weekends (SAT/SUN) for the WEEK
view? I know you can do this for MONTH view, but I don't see how to turn it
off for the WEEK view (not WORK week).
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts August 29th 06, 06:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
'Display as' field to show only name, not email address

How come there are times that I have emailed people and their name (in the TO
header) shows only, without their email address showing? When I look in
their contact file the DISPLAY AS field shows...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts August 29th 06, 03:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Posted By tjsmags
'Display as' field to show only name, not email address

When emailing school parents I do NOT want their email addresses to show (so
no one can see each other's email addresses), yet I don't want to use Bcc (I
want the parents to see who I sent the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts July 11th 06, 10:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 7
Posted By tjsmags
Auto fill name check

When I choose Contacts under SHOW NAMES FROM THE nothing shows in the box.

When I select Change under editing email accounts I see CONTACTS: PERSONAL
FOLDERS.

The previous person asked about a...