Search: Posts made by: P Cause
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts October 7th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 6
Posted By P Cause
In OL 2007 address book, what does "more columns" really do?

Thanks for verifying. Hopefully someone at MS will notice and fix this.
Also be useful if they told us exactly what "more columns" does and give some
ability to customize.

"Russ Valentine...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 6th 06, 09:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 8
Posted By P Cause
OL2007 Hanging displaying calendar

Well, I found the problem and it had NOTHING to do with the ost, etc. The
problem was that the forms cache had been corrupted. I deleted frmcache.dat
and restarted OL and now everything is...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 6th 06, 08:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 8
Posted By P Cause
OL2007 Hanging displaying calendar

Deleted the ost and restarted. Everything synced. Month view was fine.
Switched to week view and it pegs the cpu. just noticed that it also drove
the VM size up to 450Mb and growing!! I...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 6th 06, 05:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 8
Posted By P Cause
OL2007 Hanging displaying calendar

One other thin: week view works fine in safe mode.
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 6th 06, 05:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 8
Posted By P Cause
OL2007 Hanging displaying calendar

Thanks. Created the new calendar file. Did the search. I then went to open
the new, empty, calendar file and OL 2007 hung! I do use an OST but I ran
the scanost utility and it thought all was...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 5th 06, 08:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 0
Posted By P Cause
CTL-Z not a good choice for timezones

Hard to believe that someone at Microsoft made CTL-Z the choice for
displaying the timezone selections in the appointment entry. The person must
never use a keyboard because ctl-z usually means...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 5th 06, 04:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 8
Posted By P Cause
OL2007 Hanging displaying calendar

I've been using all of the OL 2007 betas and have TR2 installed. This
morning I started OL and opened a calendar window. I did selected a date and
OL hangs. I can't scroll forward a week from...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 21st 06, 04:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 6
Posted By P Cause
In OL 2007 address book, what does "more columns" really do?

I am not sure what "configured correctly" means, but WDS has definitely
finished indexing.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Works fine here. Are you certain that your Outlook Address Book...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 19th 06, 01:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 6
Posted By P Cause
In OL 2007 address book, what does "more columns" really do?

That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to. For example, if I enter
"yahoo.com" I get no matches, but I know I have folks in my address book who
have that in their email address. The only...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 18th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 6
Posted By P Cause
In OL 2007 address book, what does "more columns" really do?

In OL 2007, when you open the address book there is a choice of "name" or
"more columns" at the top that determines what is searched for. I have had
no luck figuring out what "more columns"...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts August 24th 06, 01:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 0
Posted By P Cause
OL 2007 - Adding assistant's email address field as part of a cont

One thing that amazes me is that OL 2007 didn't add assistant's email address
as a field for a contact. With so much of our communications being email I
often find myself emailing people's...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring August 16th 06, 01:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By P Cause
Time Zone Support in Outlook

In the new appointment box, there is a button on the ribbon called timezones.
Click that. It allows you to set the start time in timezone A and the end
time in timezone B. This solves the...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 26th 06, 04:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By P Cause
Print with timezone

One thing that might help is allowing swap timezones to change Outlook's
display but NOT the system clock. Changing the system clock has an impact on
other applications!
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 26th 06, 04:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By P Cause
Print with timezone

A great new feature in OL 2007 allows you to enter the time in a time zone
instead of doing all the mental conversions. What is missing is to be able
to print a day/week/month with the appointment...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 18th 06, 01:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 0
Posted By P Cause
Travel time as part of creating an appointment

I often have appointments where I need to drive to the appointment and then
drive back/somewhere else. I also have appoointments where I need some prep
time before the appointment. For either of...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 18th 06, 12:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 0
Posted By P Cause
Need set reminder on right click menu

One of the things I often do in the calendar view is set / change reminders
for appointments. It would be nice to add this to the right click menu for
calendar items.

----------------
This post...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 1st 06, 12:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By P Cause
Desktop Search update for Outlook 12

Thnaks. What I was commenting on that when they say "no GUI" they don't
mention that running the existing GUI will cause the shell to restart. They
hsould hve explicitly said to unisntall WDS...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 1st 06, 12:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 0
Posted By P Cause
Launching Office 2007 components gets Office 2003 set up

I have recently found that when I try to start any of the Office 2007 apps, I
get the set up for Office 2003 launched. If I cancel it (sometimes have to
do multiple times) the office app start and...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts June 28th 06, 09:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 0
Posted By P Cause
Outlook 2007 Public Folder search - bug/unimplemented

If I open a public folder ( a favorite so I have a local copy) I see the new
search bar at the top. The folder in quesiton is a contacts folder. When I
enter somehting in the search bar, it...
Forum: Outlook - Installation June 26th 06, 02:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 0
Posted By P Cause
OL 2007 - New search not working on contacts?

I just tried the new search on contacts for the first time. I entered a last
name and the search said no results found. I've had OL 2007 installed for
enough time to allow for full indexing and...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 24th 06, 03:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Replies: 2
Posted By P Cause
Label vs. Category

Must be 2007? I had the same issue for a small while. Categories now look
like the lables in 2003 did, with the coloring, etc. In the end, you could
see combining the two and allowing rules to...
Forum: Outlook - Installation June 23rd 06, 10:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By P Cause
Desktop Search update for Outlook 12

I installed desktop search beta 3. The KB article is COMPLETELY useless.
Here is what I've found:

- if you had desktop search and a task bar search and you enter anything
you kill...