Search: Posts made by: sheana
Forum: Outlook Express March 30th 09, 09:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By sheana
Archiving recommendations needed

I have a lot of emails collected over the years that I cannot delete - I
need them. As a result, my OE has become bloated. I would appreciate some
ideas on archiving old messages. I would need to...
Forum: Outlook Express March 30th 09, 09:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 9
Posted By sheana
Archiving recommendations needed

I have a lot of emails collected over the years that I cannot delete - I
need them. As a result, my OE has become bloated. I would appreciate some
ideas on archiving old messages. I would need to...
Forum: Outlook Express March 30th 09, 02:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By sheana
Question about Newgroup postings in OE

Sorry! I found it by r-clicking on the message group and selecting
"properties" and taking it from there!

"sheana" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express March 30th 09, 02:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By sheana
Question about Newgroup postings in OE

Sorry! I found it by r-clicking on the message group and selecting
"properties" and taking it from there!

"sheana" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express March 30th 09, 02:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By sheana
Question about Newgroup postings in OE

I'm using OE as my newsgroup reader. I have a list of about 7 newsgroups
that I follow regularly. When I click from one group to another, I notice
the message count updating/downloading more...
Forum: Outlook Express March 30th 09, 02:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By sheana
Question about Newgroup postings in OE

I'm using OE as my newsgroup reader. I have a list of about 7 newsgroups
that I follow regularly. When I click from one group to another, I notice
the message count updating/downloading more...
Forum: Outlook Express January 27th 09, 06:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By sheana
Problems after uninstalling IE 7

PA Bear,
Sorry for posting to the wrong newsgroup and I hope it's all right if I just
finish this thread as it wouldn't be worth it to start the same thing in
another group.
I had no anti-virus...
Forum: Outlook Express January 27th 09, 06:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By sheana
Problems after uninstalling IE 7

Whispering back Sorry!
"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Whispering You're in the OE newsgroup, sheana.

Forum: Outlook Express January 27th 09, 04:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By sheana
Problems after uninstalling IE 7

Hi,

I uninstalled IE 7 because my computer started to act very
strangely/slowly/sluggishly with it. I also recently installed Symantec
Norton Internet Suite which I think is another form of virus...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 24th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By sheana
Understanding .pst folders,and how Outlook differs from OE.

Thanks so much DL!

"DL" address@invalid wrote in message
You have to select Personal Folders, in the folder view, and properties of
that

Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 22nd 08, 08:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By sheana
Understanding .pst folders,and how Outlook differs from OE.

Thank you for going into such detail..it was extremely helpful. I r-clicked
on "Inbox" and selected Properties. The path displayed was "\\Personal
Folders", not the complete path. Am I doing...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 22nd 08, 03:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By sheana
Understanding .pst folders,and how Outlook differs from OE.

Hi,

I'm new to MS Outlook 2003, and am finding it difficult to understand the
difference between Outlook and OE. I just want to make sure my observations
are correct. OE stores email in multiple...
Forum: Outlook Express September 15th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By sheana
Error message while compacting folders

Hi,

While compacting OE offline I got the following error message regarding the
"Folder's" folder:

"The folder is currently in use by Outlook Express or by another
application".

Kindly advise....
Forum: Outlook Express September 11th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 1
Posted By sheana
And yet another FIND problem

When I use the find feature and point to Local Folders, I get all the emails
from folders that I created, but not from the Inbox. Today I did a search,
knowing that some emails from the inbox...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 25th 08, 01:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By sheana
Saving message to Windows Folder

You're right, it doesn't make any sense, it's just that I did it before and
it's frustrating me that I can't recall what I did.

"Gordon" wrote:

"sheana" wrote...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 25th 08, 01:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By sheana
Saving message to Windows Folder

Hi,

I'm using OE as my newsreader, and can copy a newsgroup message to an OE
folder, but can't seem to recall how to save a message to a Windows folder.
Also, is there a way to save the messages...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 21st 08, 09:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 12
Posted By sheana
Can I create another identity in Oulook like I can in OE?

Then based on what you've said, they are aliases.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

"sheana" wrote in message
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 21st 08, 03:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By sheana
Can't switch profiles in MS Outlook.

Hi,

I created a second profile in MS Outlook, then I went to the Control Panel,
dbl-clicked on Mail ( I have Win XP), chose the new profile with the option
to "always use this profile".

When I...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 21st 08, 02:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 12
Posted By sheana
Can I create another identity in Oulook like I can in OE?

"Gordon" wrote:

"sheana" wrote in message
There is more than one user on our computer, and we'd...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 21st 08, 02:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 12
Posted By sheana
Can I create another identity in Oulook like I can in OE?

Sorry I took so long to follow up on this. I'm not sure what you mean by
ALIASES and the difference between OE and Outlook. I have Cox Cable for my
ISP, and I'm allowed one "master" email and 6...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 30th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 12
Posted By sheana
Can I create another identity in Oulook like I can in OE?

If you have more than one profile in Outlook and you have to close Outlook
before switching to the new profile, how is that done? Does Outlook ask you
which identity you want before opening?
Thanks...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 30th 08, 05:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 12
Posted By sheana
Can I create another identity in Oulook like I can in OE?

There is more than one user on our computer, and we'd like to keep our emails
separate. Can I create another profile for another user, and if so, please
list the steps. Thanks in advance.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 30th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By sheana
Instructions please in setting up Outlook

I have MS Outlook 2003 on my computer, and I would like to set it up and
import the messages from my Outlook Express. I have been getting "Message
could not be displayed" errors when using the...
Forum: Outlook Express July 7th 08, 02:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By sheana
About downloading newsgroup postings in Outlook Express

Thanks for answering my question...I didn't know the messages were only
stored on the newsservier for 90 days.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

By default, newsgroup messages are retained on the MS...
Forum: Outlook Express July 6th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By sheana
About downloading newsgroup postings in Outlook Express

Ron, I "Get 1000 headers was unchecked". My oldest heading in
microsoft.public. outlookexpress.general is 4/7/2008 and is "cannot open a
..wmv file attachment" from Jimthe bonehead. When I select...