Search: Posts made by: andy
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring March 30th 10, 09:46 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By andy
Daily Recurring Calendar/Task

I want to issue a task request to a number of people for every Mon-Fri at
4:30pm. Doing this by a calendar won't let me see who has completed the
request, but I can't seem to specify a time via a...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries December 11th 09, 11:46 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By andy
Outlook will not work after windows update on Windows 7

Hi

this week i have 3 machines that are run Win 7 enterprise that after a
windows update will not run outllook.

when you start outlook you get the outlook has errored message
when you start it...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries November 23rd 09, 01:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By andy
Dunno if anyone's interested in a fix for this yet, but I found on

"unknown" wrote:

If you take a look at the event logs on the Exchange server you might very well see a number of events like the one below for the affected users. To fix we had to increase the...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 20th 09, 06:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By andy
Outlook 2007 Calendar - Only 1 year?

They were the same. "Archive items in this folder using the default settings."

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

If autoarchive is running, it should remove the non-recurring appointments.
Was...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 20th 09, 03:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By andy
Outlook 2007 Calendar - Only 1 year?

Thanks for the tip. One thing I noted on a few machines, some of them have
years worth of calendar data that is still preseant and the auto archive is
not disabled. From first glance it looks as...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 19th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By andy
Outlook 2007 Calendar - Only 1 year?

Is there a setting that I can change to allow the calendar to continue to
show the previous years events? Our users occasionally need to go back to
past appointments to report the time spent on...
Forum: Outlook - Installation October 7th 09, 12:13 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By andy
Outlook won't send messages?

Thanks but the tool didn't seem to work the way it was explained unless I
missed something it's screens were totally different than the instructions.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Forum: Outlook - Installation October 6th 09, 04:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By andy
Outlook won't send messages?

I just set up outlook to work with Yahoo Plus Mail Servers. I can receive
messages but am unable to send messages. Have tried all the port settings but
still recieve the Unable to send test...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 1st 09, 01:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By andy
Contact recognition problem

I have copied my OL2007 PST file to a new computer but I cant get OL2007 on
the new computer to recognise my contact folders. (Address books) The option
in contacts properties, etc.. to make them...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 1st 09, 12:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 10
Posted By andy
Move address contacts to a new computer OL2007 and Vista

Thanks Guys!
What about moving the contents of one folder (Work mail) from the old OL2007
on the old computer to OL2007 on the new computer.
--

Andy

"DL" wrote:

If a new pst was created you...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 1st 09, 08:43 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 10
Posted By andy
Move address contacts to a new computer OL2007 and Vista

The old (or current) PST was badly corrupted and even the main MS support
had probles with this. They created a new PST file and left the VERY large
old one still attached to the personal filders...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 31st 09, 07:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 10
Posted By andy
Move address contacts to a new computer OL2007 and Vista

I have a new laptop and want to move only my contacts only (Two address
books)not the PST file. I have had major problems with the PST file and wish
to have a "clean start" but I dont want to...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 29th 09, 01:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 9
Posted By andy
Reminders in MS Outlook 2007

Brian,

I have tried the diagnostics, and it all came back as fine. I stated "heavy"
because it means uninstalling the entire Office suite, then re-installing,
and it takes some time, then I have...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 29th 09, 01:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 9
Posted By andy
Reminders in MS Outlook 2007

Yes
--
Andy

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 29th 09, 11:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 9
Posted By andy
Reminders in MS Outlook 2007

No, I haven't, and this situation has existed for some time. I've just got
fed up with reminders not working. The only solution I can think is to
uninstal, and re-instal, but that would be a really...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 29th 09, 10:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 9
Posted By andy
Reminders in MS Outlook 2007

Thanks for trying Vince. That did not work, unless I need to do a restart?
--
Andy

"Vince Averello" wrote:

The first thing I'd try is to start Outlook once with the /cleanreminders
command...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 29th 09, 08:56 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 9
Posted By andy
Reminders in MS Outlook 2007

Outlook will no longer post reminders from my calender. I have a message "The
operation failed. Object could not be found." The reminders work fine for my
wife's account on the same computer. Can...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 15th 09, 05:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 24
Posted By andy
Mail not getting through for ISP

Thanks Goron understood, but send/receive has been set on 1 min since I
installed OL2007 2 years ago nearly and this is the first problem.

Andy

"Gordon" wrote:

"Andy"...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 15th 09, 05:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 24
Posted By andy
Mail not getting through for ISP

Thanks DL!!
One question. Ok on unistall and install of MacAfee , but how do I notice,
see, or prevent the outlook intergration? It it a check box or something?

Have now set to 10 mins as...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 15th 09, 05:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 24
Posted By andy
Mail not getting through for ISP

Ok Gordon calm down.. how do I set to 10 mins please?
--
Andy

"Gordon" wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 15th 09, 05:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 24
Posted By andy
Mail not getting through for ISP

How can I find a bad message? I'll happily junk it if I can find it.

MY ISP installed new Macafee virus scan but they (British Telecom) must have
several millions users in the UK, so I guess this...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 15th 09, 05:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 24
Posted By andy
Mail not getting through for ISP

Yes it does.
No rerrors on send and receive either.
Send receive is set for 1 minute.
I have an Mcafee anti virus that my ISP installed "British Telecom" and
insites on.
I few e-mail do get though...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries July 15th 09, 04:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 24
Posted By andy
Mail not getting through for ISP

OL 2007 and Vista.

All my mail is (was) backed up at my ISP. They have checked everything at
their end and all is fine. I get the occassional mail but had 80 mails in my
ISP mail box.

I tried...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 30th 09, 04:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By andy
Signatures from old computer OL2007 to new computer running O

Damm cleaver stuff!! Many thanks!

Andy...

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

Yup, that would be it.
Holding the CTRL button while pressing the Signatures... button in Tools-
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 30th 09, 01:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By andy
Signatures from old computer OL2007 to new computer running O

Ok, thanks but it dosen't exist on the new computer. Is it a question of
making a new folder called signatures?

I can get to Outlook and thats it.

Andy