Search: Posts made by: Don Smith
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 25th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Don Smith
Send/Receive at Startup

That fixed it. Thanks very much.

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:37:51 +0100, "DL" address@invalid wrote:

ToolsOptionsMail Setup
untick were appropriate

"Ron" wrote in...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 24th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2003 will not automatically send/receive

I have all the settings to automatically send and receive, but I
cannot send/receive without clicking on send/receive button.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 5th 07, 01:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2003 will not lauch on email link

I jumped to selection 2. and did a re-install. It worked! Thanks for
hanging in there with me. Many times and don't get a second answer to
my infrequent questions.

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 17:01:41...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 3rd 07, 12:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2003 will not lauch on email link

when I go to that file, it is already there, but still when I hit an
email link, I get," operation failed."
Forum: Outlook - General Queries March 2nd 07, 03:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2003 will not lauch on email link

Outlook will not launch when I click on an email address. It has
always done so, but for some reason has stopped. When is try to send
emails from another program, the operations fail. Outlook...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries February 13th 07, 06:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Smith
how to add two business cards to Outlook 2003 signature card

I have two businesses, one a dealer and the other a manufaturer's rep.
Is there a way to add another business card graphic (I use a scanner
to scan my business cards to put into signature)?
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 16th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Smith
email address history in Outllook 2003, help to correct

Nevermind. I found an answer on a previous post.

Thanks anyway.

(That was to delete the autocomplete address)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:23:47 -0500, Don Smith
wrote:

When I...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 16th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Smith
email address history in Outllook 2003, help to correct

When I compose an email message and start typing the address, a list
of addresses pop up. this is helpful but some of them are wrong. When
I try and change them by clicking on them, they still go...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries October 26th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 0
Posted By Don Smith
business contact manager will not import ACT! 2007

Just upgraded, but my new version of ACT! 2007 will not work. I tried
exporting to CSV but mapping was off.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries October 25th 06, 11:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Smith
backup outlook 2003?

Going to a new computer. How do I backup Outlook 2003 so that when I
reinstall it on new computer I have everything, emails, sent mail,
contacts, etc.

Thanks.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries October 23rd 06, 05:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 8
Posted By Don Smith
how to backup pst outlook 2003 for everything?

what do I do about the current inbox that I imported?

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:04:11 +0100, Gordon
wrote:

Don Smith wrote:

I imported the pST when I used new...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries October 23rd 06, 03:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 8
Posted By Don Smith
how to backup pst outlook 2003 for everything?

I imported the pST when I used new computer. It only brought back
inbox.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:00:00 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
Forum: Outlook - General Queries October 23rd 06, 12:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 8
Posted By Don Smith
how to backup pst outlook 2003 for everything?

I do a backup and all I get back is my emails. How do I do one backup
that saves contacts, sent mail, other folders?
Forum: Outlook - General Queries October 5th 06, 04:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Smith
How can I delete duplicates in my Outlook 2003 contacts folder?

How can I delete duplicates in my Outlook 2003 contacts folder? I
messed up on imported the same PST and have hundreds of duplicates.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 15th 06, 07:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Smith
Lost Outlook files in crash. Where are the is PST file?

I need to get the pst file for the new install but when I look in MS.
Office files, I can't find the pst. Where is it? It says Office 10,
11 ,12 . . . .
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 4th 06, 07:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Smith
computer crash, how to get Outlook back?

I do a system search for *.pst and it doesn't come up. What's the
secret?

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 19:22:27 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
wrote:

find the pst and copy it for use...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 3rd 06, 11:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Smith
computer crash, how to get Outlook back?

Computer crash. I can still get to my hard drive, but can't open
Outlook. How can I extract my Outlook contact and emails from my
Office files? Was using 2007 beta office on Windows XP Pro.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 1st 06, 03:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook Express will not import vcards. Why?

I saved my contacts from Outlook to vcards on a dying computer. Loaded
Outlook Express on new computer and tried to import vcards. It will
not recognmize them. Tried it on another computer, same...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 22nd 06, 05:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2003 won't send email unless I close then reopen the progr

I've tried that and that doesn't work. I still have to close outlook
and then reopen and it sends.

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:34:02 -0700, Mary
wrote:

Remove the...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 21st 06, 10:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 12
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2007 with Business Contacts won't load

Says I need to install outlook 2007 beta first, but where can I find
it? I thought it was wrapped up in one program. When I go to beta
downloads, it still only gives me the 2007 Outlook with...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 21st 06, 06:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2003 outbox delaying sending messages, can't delete message

Brian,

Thanks, but that didn't work. See new posting. I have to close
Outlook and then reopen to get it to send messages.

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:43:23 -0400, "Brian...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 21st 06, 06:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2003 won't send email unless I close then reopen the program

Yes, I have checked the send mail immediatly box. I tried a repair on
office, it still didn't fix. I create emails, hit send and they stay
in my outbox (one is permanent and won't go away). To...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 17th 06, 09:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2003 outbox delaying sending messages, can't delete messag

Don't use antivirus.On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:56:01 -0700, Mary
wrote:

Stop your antivirus from checking outgoing mail.

"Don Smith" wrote:

Outlook 2003 outbox...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries August 17th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By Don Smith
Outlook 2003 outbox delaying sending messages, can't delete message

Outlook 2003 outbox is holding messages too long, cannot delete one
message in outbox, no matter what I try. Had to reboot to get it to
send messages.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 8th 06, 12:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Smith
how to reset attachment launch on MS Outlook 2003

When I get an email with photo attachment, after I click on the
attachement, it launches my photo software without giving me the
option to save to file. How can I set this to not launch without...