Search: Posts made by: Brad
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts April 19th 10, 09:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Posted By Brad
Receiving contacts in Outlook format

Still didn't work

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

Try inserting the Contact as an Outlook Item in an RTF message and see what
happens. Make sure neither of you is using email anti-virus email...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts April 19th 10, 07:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Posted By Brad
Receiving contacts in Outlook format

My boss and I often send contacts to each other in Outlook Format. The
problem is that he receives mine without a problem but his always show up for
me without the 'contact' info, just the notes...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 13th 10, 02:03 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By Brad
Do I have to use a specific e-mail service with Outlook?

Do I have to use a specific e-mail service with Outlook?
Forum: Outlook - Installation February 5th 10, 07:30 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Brad
Error messages

Can't seem to get my outlook settings right. using my own domain email and
gmail through outlook but getting these messages. Overseas so can only send
through gmail in outlook as i don't know the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 21st 10, 06:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 9
Posted By Brad
Macro to Change sort and collapse groups in Mail folder

Ok, came up with a solution.

I make a custom view by:
ViewCurrent ViewDefine View
and made a new view as I needed.

Then I found this code and made a macro button on my tool bar for the code....
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 21st 10, 06:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 9
Posted By Brad
Macro to Change sort and collapse groups in Mail folder

Hi Ken,

Also found this. I made a new view. Am I able to just apply this new view
via VBA?

Thanks,

Brad

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 21st 10, 05:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 9
Posted By Brad
Macro to Change sort and collapse groups in Mail folder

Hi Ken,

I found this page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa155658(office.10).aspx but I still
don't understand how I apply my XML to the table? How do you tell the MSXML
parser what XML...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 20th 10, 04:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 9
Posted By Brad
Macro to Change sort and collapse groups in Mail folder

Thanks for the example Ken. It's really helpful.

Have a great day,

Brad

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

I do this sort of thing all the time in my addins. I usually grab the XML in
the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 20th 10, 04:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 9
Posted By Brad
Macro to Change sort and collapse groups in Mail folder

Thanks again Michael. I'll continue to work on this and learn.

Brad

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

I haven't played with it myself. However, this prints the current view
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 15th 10, 04:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 9
Posted By Brad
Macro to Change sort and collapse groups in Mail folder

Thansk for your reply Michael.

I did a lot of searching on the suggestion you gave me on line, and what I
found was this post. I've done a lot of programming in Access and Excel, but
not Outlook...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 8th 10, 05:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 9
Posted By Brad
Macro to Change sort and collapse groups in Mail folder

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I'd like to write a macro that when run, changes the sort order of the mail
folder I'm in (Inbox or any sub folder) by From, and then Collapses All...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms December 2nd 09, 03:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 5
Posted By Brad
Customized Send button

I will check. What is the reason?

Thanks again for the reply,

Brad

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

Can you publish Outlook forms to the Organizational Forms library on your
company's Exchange...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms December 1st 09, 08:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 5
Posted By Brad
Customized Send button

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the reply.

The Scenario is:

Our HR dept sends out a compliance letter regarding Internet use. The
message (uneditable) contains what we can and cannot do with company...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms November 24th 09, 02:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 5
Posted By Brad
Customized Send button

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I am making a form for the first time. I'd like to make my own send button,
so that when the user clicks it, it creates the reply, and sends the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms November 17th 09, 05:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 1
Posted By Brad
Write code for a button on New Form

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I am making a new form, and I have an "Accept" and "Decline" button. Right
now if you click on them nothing happens, as I have no code for them. How...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms November 16th 09, 02:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 0
Posted By Brad
Outlook Accept Terms Form

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I have been asked to make a form for an e-mail message that will be sent to
all users in our compnay that will have our Internet Use policy in it. I...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 5th 09, 01:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Brad
why did 1 day event spread to 2 day event

All my "appointments" & "events" when from 1-day event to 2-day events? What
can I do to fix my calendar?
Forum: Outlook - Installation October 22nd 09, 03:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Brad
PST and SSD...it the entire file rewritten each time Outlook close

I use Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 Ult x64 with a Solid State Disk [Intel SSD
x25 (G2)] and wanted to know if the PSTs file rewrites itself each time new
mail is sent/received? Or does it represent...
Forum: Outlook and VBA September 3rd 09, 01:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By Brad
Capture Inbound E-mail Subject with VBA

Michael,

Sorry, I didn’t explain very clearly what I am trying to do.

I have set up a little VBA module that is initiated by Outlook each time a
new e-mail arrives. It simply displays a message...
Forum: Outlook and VBA September 3rd 09, 04:08 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By Brad
Capture Inbound E-mail Subject with VBA

I am just starting to experiment with Outlook VBA.

I am looking for a simple example of how to capture the content of an
inbound e-mail’s subject so that I can see it in VBA code.

For my first...
Forum: Outlook and VBA August 30th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By Brad
Initiate VBA as a result of inbound e-mail?

I am new to Outlook VBA.

This is a dumb question.

Is it possible to initiate a VBA routine as a result of an inbound e-mail?

If so, is there an example available somewhere?

Thanks,
Brad
Forum: Outlook and VBA July 21st 09, 03:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By Brad
Browse Dialog Box

Thanks for taking the time to ready my question.

I have a sub that helps me save an e-mail message to a folder on my
computer. What I have to do at the moment is type the full path into an...
Forum: Outlook and VBA July 17th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By Brad
Save e-mail to .msg file

Thanks Sue,

It's working perfectly now.

Have a great weekend,

Brad

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
Forum: Outlook and VBA July 17th 09, 07:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By Brad
Save e-mail to .msg file

Thanks Sue,

I was just lookin at that in the Outlook Developer Reverence - Application
Object Model Map.

I'll try adding this to my code and see what I get.

Brad

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
Forum: Outlook and VBA July 17th 09, 07:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By Brad
Save e-mail to .msg file

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I'd like to make a button on my tool bar in Outlook 2007 that will
automatically save the selected e-mail to a predetermined folder. This is
the...