Search: Posts made by: ed
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring April 19th 10, 07:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 10
Posted By ed
All day events and time zone

Right now the check box is pointless. If I want to create a 24 hour
meeting, or a 23 hour meeting, or a 25 hour meeting, I can, without the need
to check the box. "All-day Event" should...
Forum: Outlook - Installation March 24th 10, 03:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 0
Posted By ed
Doesn't work for non-administrators

I have Outlook 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server server. If I
log in as a user in the administrator group, Outlook works fine. As regular
user cannot send/receive. It just does...
Forum: Outlook - Installation February 1st 10, 07:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By ed
I can't even get Outlook 2007 installed on VISTA

Hi everyone. I'm getting really frustrated. Since early December of last
year I have been trying to install Outlook 2007 on my Vista machine. EVERY
time I try, I receive an ERROR 1406.

Error...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 20th 10, 08:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By ed
Error 1406

Hi Everyone:

Thus far, I am only a wannabe new user. I am not able to even get Outlook
2007 installed because every time I try, I receive the following message:

Error 1406. Setup cannot write the...
Forum: Outlook - Installation January 20th 10, 08:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By ed
Error 1406 prevents installation on my VISTA computer. Please Adv

Hi Everyone:

I am getting VERY frustrated. I am trying to install Outlook 2007 on my
notebook VISTA computer. Every time I try it, I get this message:

Error 1406. Setup cannot write the value to...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 15th 10, 12:42 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 0
Posted By ed
Error 1406 when trying to install Outlook 2007 in VISTA. HELP

Trying to install a recently purchased stand alone Outlook 2007 on VISTA. I
get an Error 1406 and am unable to complete the installation. There was no
problem when I installed the same program on...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms January 11th 10, 09:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By ed
Is this supposed to be?

THANK YOU!

"Hollis Paul" wrote:

In article ,
=?Utf-8?B?ZWQ=?= wrote:
See what I mean and check
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms January 11th 10, 09:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By ed
Is this supposed to be?

Sorry and Apologize! I guess that there was a problem with the Discussion
Group, I could not see my posts and that's why I posted several times.

THANK YOU!

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

Repeating:...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 11th 10, 04:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 0
Posted By ed
any problem to post here?

I posted several questions and I still did not see my
questions. Is there a problem??

thanks!
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 11th 10, 04:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 0
Posted By ed
how to make this to work

When you create the new outlook contact from Outlook,
you can see the all phone numbers such as(business,
home...) group together by Phone Numbers header.
But, when you are in the design mode, you do...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 11th 10, 04:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 7
Posted By ed
phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact

When you create the new outlook contact from Outlook,
you can see the all phone numbers such as(business,
home...) group together by Phone Numbers header.
But, when you are in the design mode, you do...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 9th 10, 07:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 7
Posted By ed
phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact

Sorry that I still can not state my question clearly.

When you create the new outlook contact, you see the phone numbers(such as
business;home...) group together with Phone Numbers header. But,...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms January 9th 10, 06:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By ed
Is this supposed to be?

Sorry that I still did not state my questions clearly.

If you create the new default contact from your outlook, you will see the
all phones field (such as business, home...) group together with...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms January 8th 10, 10:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 6
Posted By ed
Is this supposed to be?

Hi all,

In the default contact design mode, I do not see Phone Numbers and Addresses
shown up;
But, when you click new contact icon from Outlook to create the new contact,
you see the Phone...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 8th 10, 08:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 7
Posted By ed
phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact

Checked the link you sent to me. should we call phone numbers and addresses
"Layout"????

"ed" wrote:

Sue,

Thank you.

In the design mode, I do not see Phone Numbers and Addresses...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 8th 10, 08:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 7
Posted By ed
phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact

Sue,

Thank you.

In the design mode, I do not see Phone Numbers and Addresses shown up;
But, when you click new contact icon from Outlook to create the new contact,
you see the Phone Numbers...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 8th 10, 06:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 7
Posted By ed
phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact)

Hi all,

I tried to customized the contact form from the standard library. exchange
2003/outlook2003 envir.

I just drop one (or any) user defind field from field chooser to the contact
design...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 7th 10, 05:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 22
Posted By ed
use customizedform for the exsisting contacts

Thank you for ALL your HELP!!! Learned a lot and thank you.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

The registry substition method would be used, for example, to cause all
IPM.Contact items (i.e. all items...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 7th 10, 03:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 22
Posted By ed
use customizedform for the exsisting contacts

Thank you.

So what the substitute key does?

BTW, are these right steps to use the customized forms:
1) Publish the new form to exch. org
2) change each user's folder default
3) Convert the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 6th 10, 11:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 22
Posted By ed
use customizedform for the exsisting contacts

Thank you! I really do not know two different types of defaults -- folder
and global

If I publish the new contact form to the exch. org form, I need to change
the folder
default as the follows...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 6th 10, 10:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 22
Posted By ed
use customizedform for the exsisting contacts

sue,

Thank you for clearing my understandings.

So, I have to follow

Change Folder Default
To make a form the default for a folder, publish the form to the folder or
to the Organizational Forms...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 6th 10, 07:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 22
Posted By ed
use customizedform for the exsisting contacts

Sue,

Thanks for your help.

99% of users are using outlook 2003. any alternate way?
what's the registry change? I did not see in the link.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 6th 10, 07:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 22
Posted By ed
use customizedform for the exsisting contacts

Great thanks.
#1) The form should be published to the Exch Org Forms library
will it change the new contact form for all users if I publish to the exch
org?

Change Folder Default
To make a form...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 6th 10, 03:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 22
Posted By ed
use customizedform for the exsisting contacts

Sorry and yes, my question is related to item #2.
We are using exchange 2003/outlook2003.

(c) have all users use the same custom form for a public contact folder

You mean each user's outlook...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 6th 10, 03:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 22
Posted By ed
use customizedform for the exsisting contacts

Thank you for your great help.
sorry about that I did not state my questions clearly.
Yes. my question is:

"(a) how do I change multiple user contact folders to use a new message class for...