Outlook Banter

-   Outlook and VBA (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-vba/)
-   -   Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-vba/92063-add-multiple-attachments-sources-using.html)

JBark June 29th 09 03:55 PM

Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word

Hi,

How can this code be written to add multiple attachments using vba and Word
as my email editor. The first attachment is the active document itself, the
other 4 attachments have their full path names stored in a field in the
document. This is what I have but I'm getting a syntax error and I'm not sure
why. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.FullName, Type:=olByValue, _
.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile1").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue, _
.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile2").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue, _
.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile3").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue, _
.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile4").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue
.Send

Sue Mosher [MVP][_3_] June 29th 09 04:31 PM

Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word

You need a separate .Attachments.Add statement for each attachment, not one
long statement with multiple calls to the .Add method.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

JBark June 29th 09 04:52 PM

Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word

Yes - I had tried that also like this, but I'm still getting syntax error.

.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.FullName, Type:=olByValue, _
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile1").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue, _
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile2").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue, _
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile3").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue, _
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile4").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue
.Send

Sue Mosher [MVP][_3_] June 29th 09 05:26 PM

Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word

This is still all one statement, because of the underscore continuation
characters at the end of the first four lines.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

JBark June 29th 09 06:25 PM

Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word

Thanks Sue. The code runs fine without any errors and attaches the original
doc but not the additional docs. Should I ask someone over in the Word Forum
about this? Or do you have a suggestion as to why the additional files will
not attach?

Sue Mosher [MVP][_3_] June 29th 09 06:33 PM

Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word

If you have already made the change I suggested -- removing the extraneous
underscore characters so that you have each Attachments.Add call in a
separate statement -- I would suggest looking at the actual value of what
you're getting from the ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile1").Result
expressions.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

_

JBark June 29th 09 08:12 PM

Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word

Yes - I kept digging and I was declaring the fields as formfields but they're
really textboxes. It works now like this:

..Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.FullName, Type:=olByValue
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBoxFile1.Value,
Type:=olByValue
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBoxFile2.Value,
Type:=olByValue
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBoxFile3.Value,
Type:=olByValue
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBoxFile4.Value,
Type:=olByValue
.Send

Thanks a bunch for your help!