I need code to record history in Business Contact Manager with VB

Old March 6th 06, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
salmond

Default I need code to record history in Business Contact Manager with VB

I want to save history of actions to a contact history by selecting contact
name and posting a history or note by using VBA. I already have a userform
that loads all my contact names and I need to select a name and post a note
or history of a quote into my Business Contact Manager.

If this is not possible how would I create a log file such as a text file
and load that log into a text box or list box.
Old March 6th 06, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Eric Legault [MVP - Outlook]

I'm assuming you'd like to grab the data from the listings in the Activities
tab for a given Contact? Unfortunately, that data is not magically
accessible by any VBA functions. You'd have to essentially write your own
code to enumerate all the folders where you expect to have Outlook items that
are linked to the current Contact. You can do this with the AdvancedSearch
object or Restrict methods. Once you've retrieved these collections, than
you can retrieve them individually and access the Item properties to build
your report.

--
Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.)
Try Picture Attachments Wizard for Outlook: