Task Reminders for someone else

Old January 16th 06, 01:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Graham

Default Task Reminders for someone else

I am trying to create an Outlook task (in Outlook 2000) and then assign it to
another user. This seems to work OK, however, it never seems to set up the
reminder details. if I create teh task, set the reminder and save it (you
cannot assign it to your self I believe), then the reminder is set up
correctly. However, if i assign it so someone else then only the due date is
sent. Am I going mad, or is this default behaviour for Outlook 2000.

I have provided a code snippet below which I am trying to make work.

Regards
Graham

Sub AddApprovedTask(sName)

Set myItem = Application.CreateItem(3)
myItem.Subject = "Task Assignment: "
myItem.ReminderSet = True
myItem.ReminderTime = "16/01/2006 16:00"
myItem.DueDate = "16/01/2006 16:00"

myItem.Body = "" Test task item

myItem.Attachments.Add Item
If sName = Application.GetNameSpace("MAPI").CurrentUser Then
myItem.Save
Else
myItem.Assign
Set myDelegate = myItem.Recipients.Add(sName)
myItem.Send
End If

End Sub

Task Bar Isa Outlook Express 13 March 14th 06 12:16 AM
Task Bar oldad Outlook Express 5 February 21st 06 04:13 AM
How do I insert a clipart item in task reminders? Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] Outlook - Using Forms 0 February 6th 06 08:12 PM
Making task reminders NOT the default Charles Lewis Outlook - General Queries 1 February 2nd 06 10:30 AM
Link a task to another task gary Outlook and VBA 1 January 10th 06 04:21 PM