Possible to Create Reminder without Appointment?

Old March 6th 08, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
[email protected]

Default Possible to Create Reminder without Appointment?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to create a reminder without
an associated appointment. The only references I can find to creating
reminders refer to using the SetReminder option on an
AppointmentItem. The Outlook Object Model Reference doesn't help much
either.

If it's not possible to create a reminder without an appointment or
task, is it possible to create an invisible task and set a visible
reminder for it?

Thanks,

Will Kelleher
Old March 6th 08, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
JP[_3_]

Will,

If there's no task, meeting, etc, what is the reminder reminding you
of?

--JP

Old March 6th 08, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Will[_3_]

On Mar 6, 4:34 pm, wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to create a reminder without
an associated appointment. The only references I can find to creating
reminders refer to using the SetReminder option on an
AppointmentItem. The Outlook Object Model Reference doesn't help much
either.

If it's not possible to create a reminder without an appointment or
task, is it possible to create an invisible task and set a visible
reminder for it?

Thanks,

Will Kelleher

I'm trying to make a local reminder for a shared calendar
appointment. I know that's not possible out-of-the-box, but I was
hoping I could figure a way to make something work using VBA.
Old March 7th 08, 12:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
JP[_3_]

Sorry, wish I could be more help here. Maybe someone else will come
along who can be of more assistance.

--JP

Old March 7th 08, 12:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What you want to do took Ken Slovak a couple of years to work out for his Reminder Manager application at http://www.slovaktech.com. It's not something you can do natively with Outlook VBA.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old October 5th 15, 01:02 PM
Banjopicker Banjopicker is offline
Junior Member

No way of doing this in Outlook? I'd like a daily reminder to take my medicine at 9.00 pm, popping up on my screen, without cluttering my calendar view with "appointments". Or I'd like to be reminded to take the rubbish out for collection on a Thursday evening. Is there any other program that will do this?