How to refer to a given Outlook Message from another MicrosoftApplication

Old January 18th 08, 03:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Paul Schrum

Default How to refer to a given Outlook Message from another MicrosoftApplication

I have a database in MS Access (2003) in which I plan to allow the
user to generate an Outlook email from within Access based on the
active record.

I would like to store in the database a reference to the email. I
would like to get some kind of unique message ID from Outlook just as
I am sending the email, store that unique ID in another part of the
Access database, then use that value later to open the stored email
quickly in Outlook.

Is there a way to do this with the Outlook object model, and if so
where could I find a quick explanation of it?

If that task turns out to be possible, then I would like to extend
that and get a reference to something that might be called "ReplyTo
ID". That is, if a given message is a reply to another message, what
is the unique ID of the parent.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

- Paul Schrum

Old January 18th 08, 06:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Dmitry Streblechenko

Use thee value of the MailItem.EntryID property.
You can then reopen the message using Namespace.GetItemFromID

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool