Default Shared Journal Folder

Old December 4th 07, 04:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
CRM Cathy

Default Default Shared Journal Folder

We have a Customer Management product which synchronises a number of
different accounting and POS systems to custom OL Contact forms. This has
been fine for 1-2 users.
However, we need to make this available for multiple users, enabling them to
access a common journal folder, so they can see all activities, tasks, phone
calls, emails, appointments relating to contacts in our default shred folder.
The public journal folder has too many limitations - we would like users to
be able to use their own Journal Folder as they do now, but have copies of
relevant activities (ie where related to contacts in the designated Contat
folder, and not marked Private), copied into a shared journal folder which
has the same functionality as the personal journal folder - except that
activity owners' details will also be provided.
Obviously, this would need to be updated as activity items are updated.
Cab anyone please point me in the right direction as to what tools may
already be available - if not, some pointers on how this may be done? We have
up to 20 users with our own product, but have also been requested to provide
assitance with another entity, whose mid range accounting product may have up
to 200 users.
We are happy to specify that users must be using MS Exchange if necessary.

Many Thanks in anticipation
Cathy
Old December 4th 07, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

The best place to check for existing tools is at the Utilities page at
www.slipstick.com. Go to the bottom of the home page and click the Utilities
link.

If you were to code this yourself probably the best place to start is with
the sample Northwind Contact Management application in Randy Byrne's
Building Applications with Microsoft Outlook 2002 book. It has the
application on the book CD so it's easy to work with and it could serve as a
framework for what you want.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old December 4th 07, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
CRM Cathy

Thanks very much Ken - have checked out all the add-ons on Slipstick (I have
virtually lived on Sue's site for the past 5 years!!), but none appear to do
quite what we need - however, will now check the utilities.
Is what we are seeking to do, possible?

Old December 4th 07, 10:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Sure it's possible. Randy's sample app does similar things, and I've done a
few like that myself, although I use a COM addin approach and not custom
forms. Most Outlook devs have probably written a similar app at one time or
another.

BTW, Slipstick has been Diane's site for a couple of years now. Sue runs
www.outlookcode.com.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old December 4th 07, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
CRM Cathy

Thanks Ken - I was notified of your response, but for some reason I am unable
to open or view it. Could you please email to me at
?

Very much appreciated Ken - thank you. This is critical for us to resolve.