extract email from message body

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 26th 07, 03:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Edward

Default extract email from message body

Can anyone suggest the best way to open each file in an OUtlook subdirectory
and extract an email address from the body of the email? I have mail coming
back as undeliverable, and want to prune those addresses from our lists, but
the address to which the email was sent is not the same as the return
address, which is usually an automated responder from a mail server that
can't find the address in to:

Basically, I'm trying to write code that will say:
go to the undeliverables subdirectory in Outlook;
for each email, check the body of the email for any/all email address(es)
append the email address to a text file;

--
Phantom Researcher