refer to "To" Field in Code

Old November 30th 06, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Joel

Default refer to "To" Field in Code

TIA:

I have the following code to attach a file to email.

Sub Add_Attachment_To_Messages()
Dim oFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim items As Outlook.items
Dim objItem As MailItem
Set items = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder
_(olFolderOutbox).items
For Each objItem In items
If objItem.To = '" Then
objItem.Attachments.Add ("\\copper\115.xls")
objItem.Send
End If
Next
End Sub

The email is opened but no attachement. In the code I have tried the actual
email address and the Display As address and neither work??? Outlook is in
a network with Exchange Server that Creates Dispay As info such as Bob Smith
(ND) where the email is

I tried the code on my computer at home and it works fine.

Any ideas as to the problem/solution are much appreciated.

Joel
Old November 30th 06, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

To returns only display names/addresses. You should instead iterate the objItem.Recipients collection and check each Recipient.Address and Recipient.Type.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old November 30th 06, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Joel

Thanks Sue...

But I'm stuck..here's what I have close but doesn't work..any more help??

Sub Send_Attachment_Messages()
Dim oFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim Items As Outlook.Items
Dim objItem As MailItem
Dim Recips As Recipients
Dim Recip As Recipient

Set Items =
Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder( olFolderOutbox).Items
Set objItem = Items.Item(1)
Set Recips = objItem.Recipients

For Each Recip In Recips

If Recip.Address = " Then
objItem.Attachments.Add ("C:\copper\115.xls")
objItem.Send

ElseIf Recip.Address = " Then
objItem.Attachments.Add ("C:\copper\116.xls")
objItem.Send

End If

Next
End Sub

I really appreciate your help

Joel

Old December 1st 06, 12:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What specifically doesn't work? Have you stepped through the code in the debugger? Didn't you want to process all the items in the Outbox, not just one?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old December 1st 06, 12:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Joel

Sorry for being unclear:

I am trying to cycle through All items in the outbox. In stepping through
code, the first email gets an attachment then when it cycles to the second
email (I see the address as the variable) but then, error, "item has been
moved or deleted" when it goes to the attach command.

You're so kind for the help.

Old December 1st 06, 02:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Joel

Hello Sue:

To be clear I have emails in the outbox with one email address. I need to
be able to attach a specific file depending on the address. I need to be
able to cycle through each email and test the addess (hence the
if..elseif..endif) to see which file to attach and send. My original code
cycled through all of the emails just fine but I obvioiusly am having trouble
to write the code to cycle through each email and look at the item.address.

Your help is appreciated,

Old December 1st 06, 03:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If you had a good routine to cycle through the items, why aren't you using it in this latest version, adding to it your Recipients checking routine?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old December 1st 06, 05:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Joel

I understand some concepts here but not sure of the details...It seems there
need to be a loop through recipients and items...here's what I have that
isn't right...

Sub Send_Attachment_Messages()

Dim oFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim Items As Outlook.Items
Dim objItem As MailItem
Dim Recips As Recipients
Dim Recip As Recipient

Set Items =
Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder( olFolderOutbox).Items
For Each objItem In Items

If objItem.Recipients = " Then
objItem.Attachments.Add ("C:\copper\115.xls")
objItem.Send

ElseIf objItem.Recipients = " Then
objItem.Attachments.Add ("C:\copper\116.xls")
objItem.Send

ElseIf objItem.Recipients = " Then
objItem.Attachments.Add ("C:\copper\118.xls")
objItem.Send

End If
Next
End Sub

I'm not sure what to do within the For each item in items loop to get to the
recipient.address

Help?? Thanks, Joel

Old December 1st 06, 05:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Why not try it and see for yourself? If it modifies only half the items, we can switch from the For Each loop to a countdown loop.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP