Hyperlink in body/notes area of appointment

Old April 28th 06, 01:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Conan Kelly

Default Hyperlink in body/notes area of appointment

For those of you in microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring:

BUMP!

ANYONE...?

ANYONE...?

For those of you in microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba that are reading this for the first time:

Please read original post below.

If there is a way to do this programmatically, that is fine. I have no problem with that. Please post sample code/instructions.

Thanks again for any help,

Conan

"Conan Kelly" CTBarbarin at msn dot com wrote in message ...
Hello all,

I'm using Outlook 2002 SP3. I'm trying to create a reminder appointment in Outlook to do some disk cleanup in a specific network
share. I'm trying to create a hyperlink to the share in the body of the appointment. I'm doing this by navigating my way to the
share folder/subfolder in Windows Explorer, then I copy the path from the Address bar in Windows Explorer and paste it into the
body of the appointment.

The problem is that some of our network share folder/subfolder names have spaces in them. It creates the link upto the first
space in the path which is a non-existing folder since it is not getting the whole folder name. How would I create a link in an
appointment that will include the spaces in the folder names thereby creating a link out of the whole path?

Outlook's Appointments are not as sophisticated as Word is (using Word as the email editor). There doesn't seem to be very many
options for creating/inserting links.

I did try creating a shortcut in Windows Explorer (Right-Click FolderCreate Shortcut), then I dragged that shortcut from Win
Explorer to the Appointment window. But I really don't like that method. If I double-click the shortcut from within the
appointment window, Outlook will not open it. It requires that the shortcut be saved to disk. I would like to avoid this. What
I want is some way of opening the path from within the appointment window with a single click preferably, but I guess I can handle
it if I have to double-click it.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Old April 28th 06, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Conan Kelly

NEVER MIND. I JUST FIGURED IT OUT.

You need to surround your link with arrows (). For example:

\\server\share (no spaces beween link and arrows).

But the one disappointing thing about this link is that when I click it, it opens up the folder/share in just a plain window view.
What I want is for it to open up in Windows Explorer view with the folders pane showing.

I already have the Windows Explorer view set up as the default view in Windows, but for some reason clicking on a link in an Outlook
Appointment does not follow this setting and opens it in a window.

If anyone know of any Windows/Outlook setting that I can change that will open a clicked link in Windows Explorer veiw, please let
me know.

Thanks,