Outlook Banter

-   Outlook and VBA (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-vba/)
-   -   Find sent email (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-vba/12894-find-sent-email.html)

Bela Gocz April 26th 06 03:43 PM

Find sent email

Hi everybody!!

My problem started when i tryed to find a sent email in VB with Outlook
2002. After it send the email, the EntryId of mail item is changed. So i
added an ItemProperty to my message to find it in Sent Items folder. But
I really don't know how to search a message after his ItemProperty

objEmail.ItemProperties.Add "myitem", olText
objEmail.ItemProperties.Item("myitem").Value = "uniqueID"

Set objSearch = Application.AdvancedSearch("'Sent Items'", "...")

Any idea how the DASL search string shoul look like?

Thank you a lot

Michael Bauer April 26th 06 04:56 PM

Find sent email

Am Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:43:08 -0700 schrieb Bela Gocz:

You could simply use the ItemAdd event of that folder.

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Bela Gocz April 26th 06 08:42 PM

Find sent email

And how that solve my problem?

Michael Bauer April 27th 06 05:29 AM

Find sent email

Am Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:42:41 -0700 schrieb Bela Gocz:

Either you can handle each sent mail or you stick on adding an userdefined
field and check in the event if the item has that field. So you donīt need
to search each time a mail is sent through all the (hundreds?) of sent
mails.

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook