Here's a challenge - VBA regarding mail

Old April 25th 06, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Stealth1

Default Here's a challenge - VBA regarding mail

ok, I'm not a pro, but this task seems like an extremely
difficult task - so hopefully someone is up to the challenge!

I have a MS Access 2003 database. I would like to use
VBA to accomplish the following tasks (keep in mind this
is originating from Access and not Outlook)...

I would like to take an email address and instead of creating a new message
to it I would like to REPLY to the last one that was received
from that address. Obviously the only real difference is that the
body of the message from the previous received message will
be included. Keep in mind I am talking about sending a message
programatically (although it needs to use Outlook as a client).

Old April 26th 06, 05:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Michael Bauer

Am Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:30:54 -0500 schrieb Stealth1:

If all e-mails you want to consider are in the Inbox of Outlook then you can
sort them by the Sort method retrieve all items received from that address
by the Restrict function. Take the first item received and call its Reply
function.

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Old April 26th 06, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Stealth1

If all e-mails you want to consider are in the Inbox of Outlook then you
can
sort them by the Sort method retrieve all items received from that address
by the Restrict function. Take the first item received and call its Reply
function.

And this can be done from MSAccess?

Old April 26th 06, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Michael Bauer

Am Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:35:50 -0500 schrieb Stealth1:

Yes, it can. Add a reference onto Outlook via Tools/References.

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook