Outlook 2003 Custom Forms User Defined Fields

Old April 10th 06, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
[email protected]

Default Outlook 2003 Custom Forms User Defined Fields

I am having a really hard time with my user defined fields on a
customer form located in my Organizational Forms Library.

Is there any way to
1.) Find out where they are located.
2.)Edit an already existing field?

Thanks.
Linda in Louisiana

Old April 10th 06, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

I am having a really hard time with my user defined fields on a
customer form located in my Organizational Forms Library.

Is there any way to
1.) Find out where they are located.

The field definitions are located in the form design or a folder or both, depending on how you created them. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/fields.htm

2.)Edit an already existing field?

You mean change the name or data type? No.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old April 12th 06, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
[email protected]

Sue,
Thanks for your reply. I have read all you linked to and I think I
still have a problem. I have a form that I designed and I need to
know where the fields should be for all of the people in my
organization to use the form.

Before I read the articles I published the form in the organizational
forms library. And as I develop I just publish again to save the form.
But some of my fields seem to be in my inbox. Are these just
duplicates and are the real fields for this form in the organizational
forms library?? They seem to be in both places. I can't decide whether
I should delete the fields in the inbox or just leave as is and finish
the form!!

Linda

Old April 13th 06, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If it's a message form, the fields need to be defined in the form. Look for them on the All Fields tab, under "User-defined Fields in This Item."

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP