How to Disable Message, "....trying to access email addresses..."

Old March 22nd 06, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
fred

Default How to Disable Message, "....trying to access email addresses..."

Please help me... I am new to this Outlook Form programming. I just
"inherited" this Outlook form which I am trying to enhance. The form works
the way I want it to with the exception of the built-in outlook message which
pops up several times. The message is "A program is trying to access e-mail
addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Is there
an easy way to disable this built-in message? The form sends an email
message to individuals (hard coded).

Old March 22nd 06, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later versions. Your Outlook version, which you didn't mention, is a critical factor.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old March 23rd 06, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
fred

Ms. Mosher,

I've read this article several times last week. Being new at this forms
programming, you will understand my confusion up to now. I would appreciate
it if you give me a code that would disable this and guidance on where to
place this particular code, if there is such a code.

A more "elementary" (simple/not too technical) procedure to disable this
Outlook security message will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fred

Old March 23rd 06, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

There is no elementary procedure to disable the Outlook security message. You -- and only you -- must decide which among the available options best fits your scenario. We don't have any information about your scenario. We don't know your Outlook version, nor do we know what code statement is triggering the security prompt. If you share that information, maybe someone can make more detailed suggestions.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old March 27th 06, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
fred

Ms. Mosher,

Thanks for the response. I’m sorry for not providing you with more info.
The Outlook version that I am using is 2000 SR-1. Below are the code
statements that always triggers the security prompts:

· item.userProperties.find(“Received”).value = gVarCurrentUser
· Set VarTo = VarItem.Recipients
· VarTo.Add(“e-mailaddress”)
· VarTo.ResolveAll
· VarItem.Send

I appreciate your time in trying to help.

.

Old March 27th 06, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Since you are using Outlook 2000, your code cannot be "trusted" as it can in Outlook 2003. The best solution, IMO, would be to recode with Redemption, but your scenario may not allow you to use a third-party library. It and the other options available to you are on the page I suggested.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP