How to Store Objects in UserProperties

Old October 15th 08, 03:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
BigDubb

Default How to Store Objects in UserProperties

As part of a custom Appointment Form I would like to store either an object
or struct for some data to be displayed in a grid.

A pretty simple object, with just three properties.

I haven't found any documentation that allows for assigning custom objects
to UserProperties. Is this possible?

If not, is there any way to store a collection of items or would I need to
build all of the items into a string, with some delimiter, and split based on
that?

Thanks.
Old October 15th 08, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Strings would most likely be the best approach. UserProperties can't take
objects.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old October 15th 08, 05:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

In a string, a bit of XML might work nicely, as long as it's not too much
data. There's a 32kb limit on data stored in an item, excluding item body and
attachments.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.

"BigDubb" wrote in message
As part of a custom Appointment Form I would like to store either an
object
or struct for some data to be displayed in a grid.

A pretty simple object, with just three properties.

I haven't found any documentation that allows for assigning custom objects
to UserProperties. Is this possible?

If not, is there any way to store a collection of items or would I need to
build all of the items into a string, with some delimiter, and split based
on
that?

Thanks.

reinstalled OL- cannot change store or get previous store up MikeR-Oz Outlook - General Queries 8 May 19th 08 01:19 PM
Transform DocumentItem Objects as Outlook Item Objects in folder Wnick Outlook and VBA 5 February 22nd 08 07:59 PM
More on UserProperties Steve Add-ins for Outlook 13 November 20th 07 11:12 PM
UserProperties j Add-ins for Outlook 0 February 12th 07 07:06 AM
VB.net Cannot add userproperties Ben Add-ins for Outlook 2 February 24th 06 10:32 AM