How to make a field with a "date dropdown field"

Old October 12th 08, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Wouter WES

Default How to make a field with a "date dropdown field"

I have tried, in a newly programmed form, to make a field with a “date
dropdown field” (in design mode). This should be a field similar to the
“Details tabs” in the standard Outlook Contact form with the names: Birthday
& Anniversary. I was unable to do so for my newly programmed field “date last
consult”. Thank you for giving me the instructions so that I can program such
a field.
Please do not guide me to a complex information sheet. I treid to read them
all. Please support me with a simple instruction, if any.
Old October 12th 08, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

There is no simple instruction to do what you want, for the simple reason
that Outlook has no date picker control available to designers of traditional
custom form (which, by the way, is one reason why the first page of the
appointment, journal, and task forms is not editable). See
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=26 for controls you can add.

Outlook 2007 includes its own Outlook-aware date and time picker controls
for use with the new form regions feature, but they are not suitable for
traditional custom forms.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old October 15th 08, 12:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Wouter WES

Thank you for your information.
Perhaps MS should make this date picker available. Many CRM software
programs have so.
Anyway, it is a pitty because the form doesn't cover now the request.

Old October 15th 08, 12:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If you'll reread my earlier post, you'll see that Microsoft *has* made an
Outlook-aware date picker together. It's for form regions, which is the
Inspector customization approach that Microsoft is emphasizing going forward.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP